1965 skat kitty

Welcome to oldminibikes.com my fellow mini biker!!! Your best bet is the Tecumseh expert here on oldminibikes.com named markus. He worked at Tecumseh for years & is a Tecumseh engine restoration wizard & a really great guy. I'll send out an alert to markus so he will receive this post & will contact you when he logs on to help you out. Your expertise is needed @markus

Welcome to oldminibikes.com my fellow mini biker!!! Your best bet is the Tecumseh expert here on oldminibikes.com named markus. He worked at Tecumseh for years & is a Tecumseh engine restoration wizard & a really great guy. I'll send out an alert to markus so he will receive this post & will contact you when he logs on to help you out. Your expertise is needed @markus
Thanks Dan you are a big help! I can't wait to here the "kitty purr".

cant find the parts listings for that old of an engine online anymore, have to go to the old books, but the magneto assembly for them was used for many more years so that can still be found. https://www.partstree.com/models/mg-610690a-tecumseh-magneto/magneto-0/
Seeing if you can give me a little assistance. i have this same engine model... H25-25073C. I am looking for a replacement recoil starter for this engine. i have tried the one that supposedly works for other h25s of this era, however the internal mechanism does not extend out far enough to grab the gearing in the cup. hope that makes sense. i have attached my OG one...it is obviously missing some important parts to it. any guidance on how i can resolve this problem i have!? may use a different screen and cup? heck IDK !!! BAA5E4BE-AA4F-4A5C-AD3F-E983D094358D.JPG 7BC598EE-DF8C-40E2-912E-58E594F7966A.JPG 7BC598EE-DF8C-40E2-912E-58E594F7966A.JPG 7BC598EE-DF8C-40E2-912E-58E594F7966A.JPG

markus

Seeing if you can give me a little assistance. i have this same engine model... H25-25073C. I am looking for a replacement recoil starter for this engine. i have tried the one that supposedly works for other h25s of this era, however the internal mechanism does not extend out far enough to grab the gearing in the cup. hope that makes sense. i have attached my OG one...it is obviously missing some important parts to it. any guidance on how i can resolve this problem i have!? may use a different screen and cup? heck IDK !!! View attachment 268697 View attachment 268698 View attachment 268698 View attachment 268698
The model number is 590374 but you have to watch becuase the aftermarket later replacements will sometimes use those number and say they fit and work...you will see that most parts are NLA new, as they stopped using that recoil probably around the year your engine is. But there is a good chance you can find the odds and ends you need ot maybe even run across a better used unit and combine the 2. Here is the online parts list for that recoil: 590374 recoil parts list If thats a correct engine for a skat kitty, it would be wise to keep it "correct" if possible rather than rig it up with later model and or aftermarket junk parts unless there is simply no other option.

Seeing if you can give me a little assistance. i have this same engine model... H25-25073C. I am looking for a replacement recoil starter for this engine. i have tried the one that supposedly works for other h25s of this era, however the internal mechanism does not extend out far enough to grab the gearing in the cup. hope that makes sense. i have attached my OG one...it is obviously missing some important parts to it. any guidance on how i can resolve this problem i have!? may use a different screen and cup? heck IDK !!! View attachment 268697 View attachment 268698 View attachment 268698 View attachment 268698
Yes that's the same recoil i have but you are missing alot of parts . I'm sure they are at parts tree . com. good on you!