1965 skat kitty

I've been working on a 65 skat kitty and it's running good thanks to all the help from this group. But the clutch is worn out ! It's a 5/8' shaft and 15 tooth . i think maybe #35 chain ? Having trouble finding one . not sure how to proceed . thanks

Hent.com will have a Max torque clutch. Originally they had a weird clutch with a small drum. You will never find one of those. Lol. Show us a picture and post your serial number in the Skat kitty registry.

RogerA

I've been working on a 65 skat kitty and it's running good thanks to all the help from this group. But the clutch is worn out ! It's a 5/8' shaft and 15 tooth . i think maybe #35 chain ? Having trouble finding one . not sure how to proceed . thanks
How about a photo or two of your Skat Kitty? THANKS!!

If i replace my 15 tooth clutch with an 11 tooth how will it effect the skat kitty?
It would effect the gearing quite a bit & be much slower. There is only a 11 Tooth & 12 Tooth #35 Chain 5/8"Bore Centrifugal Clutches available to purchase on the market these days. I would at the least use a 12 Tooth instead of a 11 Tooth & replace a jackshaft gear to adjust the gearing & compensate for the smaller clutch tooth count. By the way can we see a few pictures of your Scat Kitty?

It would effect the gearing quite a bit & be much slower. There is only a 11 Tooth & 12 Tooth #35 Chain 5/8"Bore Centrifugal Clutches available to purchase on the market these days. I would at the least use a 12 Tooth instead of a 11 Tooth & replace a jackshaft gear to adjust the gearing & compensate for the smaller clutch tooth count. By the way can we see a few pictures of your Scat Kitty?
I know it's almost impossible to find a 15 tooth 5/8 clutch.my old clutch shoes are brass , i was thinking of having them braised then grinding them down smooth?

yes i'm working on getting pictures. but i haven't figured how to get them from my phone to my desktop? i guess i need a cable to link them?

Don't be afraid to put a sleeve on 5/8" crank so you could put a 15 tooth 3/4" clutch on it. You may need to make a custom keyway also. Done it, it works well.

I ride my Kitty and I found mine was geared way to low so I put a smaller gear on the jackshaft. World of difference in speed and gears are cheaper then clutches.

O.J.

yes i'm working on getting pictures. but i haven't figured how to get them from my phone to my desktop? i guess i need a cable to link them?
Hey @loudog54 ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum...!

To skip the step of getting them to your computer, try posting your photos from your phone.

Or...if you want your photos on your computer also...share the picture to yourself by sending it in an email to yourself, that you can also log into from your computer. Then save the pic(s) to your computer.

I'm no expert but not sure that is a 1965. Serial number is not the year. Best way to date the bike is by the engine code,(if original). Older Skat Kitty's had the serial number down on the frame.