1968 Rupp TT500 for sale all original parts except tires

Rupp

I have a Rupp TT500 that I am selling. Everything is original. The bike was sitting in a garage for the past 50 or more years. I will be adding pictures tonight when I get home. It has light rust on the chrome. I took it to a mechanic and he got it started but said something about when the sparkplug cable was put on, it cut the engine. I can build anything you need, but I am a combustion engine idiot. The chrome has some light and I mean light rust, no rust on the frame or engine. I took the disk brakes off to install the new tires, but I haven't even had time to put those back together. I am asking $1800.00 for the bike if anyone is interested.

Jason

Jamie1972

Any pictures of the left side of the bike, where the chainguard is?
And do you still have the orig. tires.....

Nice bike..!

Jamie1972

I can see it in the one photo, but a front and center photo of it would be best. Much easier to see any damage that way.

Personally I would like to have him remove it and get us a peek at the clutches too.

Getting kinda "Personal" aren't we....:laugh:

Rupp

Any pictures of the left side of the bike, where the chainguard is?
And do you still have the orig. tires.....

Nice bike..!
I will post more pictures this evening. I don't have the original tires I am sorry to say. Here in Arizona they were so dried out and cracked, I didn't think to keep them.

I believe someone asked if the engine was in pieces. No it isn't. The mechanic didn't put those back on after he said the he couldn't figure out why he was able to start it up once and let it run. (Then is part was a little foreign to me so forgive me if I sound stupid) He said that he could remove the spark plug cap and get a spark but when he put it back on he couldn't get a spark. I thought that perhaps it was grounded incorrectly, but I know very little about engines.

Rupp

Hey did someone ask me to take off my clutch cover? That is a bit personal. Just kidding, I will be happy to take any pictures that some asks for.
I inherited this bike and had glorious dreams of my son and I restoring together. Some dreams are not meant to pass and I would like this old girl to go to someone that is going to treat her right.

Don't feel bad. That is very common. Once people start getting into them they find out that it is a little more work than they had planned originally.

And yes, I'm the one getting personal...:wink:

Is that your boy in the picture holding the bike up? He's at the perfect age to appreciate it and it would be a memory that he would never forget. Hate to say it, but I think I would keep it too. Have someone who knows what their doing rebuild the engine for you, clean the bike up, clean the chrome with evapo-rust, get some new chains, and run it. You wouldn't have that much into it either. Mainly just time.