1969 Broncco tx model

Hey Guys, I bought this thing to have something to ride with my daughter while she is riding her go cart. I quickly found out that finding parts for this thing is proving impossible. Any body know where I might find a gas tank?

markus

Sweet markus thanks! Any way to tell what year it is?

the TX6 came with a manufacturer vin plate since they were street legal but it would have been right below the headtube but it was screwed on so its probably long gone. they did have the month/year on those. your about right for timeframe though. they only made them for a couple of years and there really weren't much for changes as they went from what I have seen and owned.

Yours is modified pretty heavily so I would not sweat trying to get it back to the way it was, use what you got make something cool/custom, only downpoints currently with it is lack of jackshaft may create issues with the chain staying on, not to mention whats there for a rear sprocket is probably someones custom doing so hopefully it runs fairly "true". And of course Broncco's used 7" tires which can be harder to find so if its getting alot of use its a good idea keep an eye out for a spare to have on hand.

The 60 tooth sprocket that is on it is actually welded to older much smaller stock sprocket. It actually works quite well considering. There will be kids riding it as well as myself so I went with the small 79cc clone engine which will do fine. The only thing that I am concerned with is the mounting plates for the swing arm shaft. They have been cut on and I hope that they remain rigid enough to hold up the suspension on the rear. We shall see!

I do have one more question though...and please excuse me if I'm bothering you, but what do I need to be considering when running the chain on this bike? Will the suspension travel in the rear be such that I won't be able to run the chain from the clutch to sprocket without a guide or tensioner pulley, or will I have to lock down the swing arm so that no travel is possible in the rear? Is that as clear as mud? Thanks

markus

The 60 tooth sprocket that is on it is actually welded to older much smaller stock sprocket. It actually works quite well considering. There will be kids riding it as well as myself so I went with the small 79cc clone engine which will do fine. The only thing that I am concerned with is the mounting plates for the swing arm shaft. They have been cut on and I hope that they remain rigid enough to hold up the suspension on the rear. We shall see!

yea and even uncut those original mounts for rear of the engine and swingarm would get hairline cracks!! If it does cause an issue you could always install some plates, The TX1 version of that bike was basically the same bike but setup for 4 stroke and a jackshaft, They used plates similar to Bonanza so you could probably use them and gain a jackshaft, which would improve gearing and also not cause the chain to go slack/tight due to the suspension movement.

Bonanza Jackshaft Plates - Replacement