1969 Kawasaki Coyote MB-1 original

desert rat

Ok I see a mess. Get some brake cleaner and some brushes. You will need a small chip brush ( cheep a## paint brush) to do general cleaning of all the dirt in and around the points area. Then get a small wire brush and clean all that corrosion at the mounting points of the coil, make it shine. Any dirt will keep you from getting a good ground. Now for the other thing that I had to blow the pic up to check and I am still not sure of. I spy a pinched wire right next to the screw holding the points at the top. If the shielding on the wire is compromised it will short and fail to fire the coil. Put one wrap of tape on it were it goes thru the plastic cover and make sure you hit the half hole in the cover so it don't pinch again. with those things looked after, your point gap set right mount the coil with the proper gap to the fly wheel and if all the parts are good you should get spark from the plug wire to block. then it would be down to the plug.

Can anyone help me out with a chain.

I can’t figure out what chain I need to buy. If anyone can send me a link to one it would be great. Of if you have all of the specifications, what I do be huge help.