1970 Honda CT70

jeep4me

A friend of mine is wanting to sell his Honda CT70.

Superb condition, starts on first or second kick.

New tires, new sprockets, new decals.

Head and tail lights work. No turn signals. 2000+ miles. Rear rack. 3 speed.

This is an exceptional example of a vintage CT70.

Asking price is $1150 firm.

USPS money order only. Pickup in Grand Rapids, or I can deliver to Windber if paid for in full now.

Thanks!

These are the only photo's he has of the bike. It's at his cabin up north. I'll try to get some better ones soon.

Last edited:
Other than the engine guard what is missing? You can get plates and registrations through Vermont pretty easily which will allow you to title in your state. Vermont will actually register a bike in Vermont but use the address of whatever state you live in. You don't even need to have a Vermont address.

Other than the engine guard what is missing? You can get plates and registrations through Vermont pretty easily which will allow you to title in your state. Vermont will actually register a bike in Vermont but use the address of whatever state you live in. You don't even need to have a Vermont address.
The switch for the head light and turn signals and of course the turn signals if you buy them on ebay the real honda stuff would cost me around 300 bucks and in Michigan they will no longer allow you to file for a lost title so unless you can track down the last registered owner you are sol.

They didn't have turn signals in 1970... So that will save you a few bucks. I know I can get it titled. I still have to put one of my 1970s back together before I think about getting another one. BUT.............

In Vermont any motorcycle under 300cc requires no title and has a place on the application [you print from the VT DMV] for Non-Resident registration. The VIN number and your address match your registration. It is perfectly legal. My Off Highway only Suzuki DRZ 250 has been plated for 10+ years and passed through road blocks over the years. MI can't expect you to have the title from a state that does not title 300cc and under bikes. Run the VT registration for a while and transfer to MI registration and title application. Just my .02

They didn't have turn signals in 1970... So that will save you a few bucks. I know I can get it titled. I still have to put one of my 1970s back together before I think about getting another one. BUT.............
1974 was the year model that ALL Honda bikes came with turn signals.

That entire Vermont registration process is easy to do and I have accomplished it three times to eventually wind up with three titled old Honda bikes here in Louisiana. There are paperwork pitfalls that you need to watch out for but it's all doable. The bill of sale is required though.

And you really have nothing to lose with Vermont because they will not cash your check unless they intend to send you a green plate and a registration.

Rick