1970 mark 2 snowflake snowmobile. need help

I picked this sled up a few years ago with intention of robbing the west bend 820 off it for a minibike. I have be considering restoring it for the last year now. Would anyone on here have any ideas as were I can start to locate parts for one of these old sleds. I will be needing a windshield and trim. I'm sure the track is shot. Not sure how bad the boggy suspension is on it. I have a picture of it some place just need to find it. I will post picture when I find it. Thanks for any help. Rick.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
The Snowflake is a pretty rare sled, most parts will be pretty generic. The windshield you may just have to make and be sure to make it from lexan. NH Snowmobile museum will have a classifieds as well as the VSCA " Vintage Snowmobile Club of America.

Another name for it is the Sno-Pony

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I just did a quick search and you will find more parts by looking at Sno-Pony .

The Snow Flake 400 was another style in steering.

Last edited:
I really appreciate all this info. Parts seem impossible to locate. There is someone in Michigan that has a lot of parts I have heard about but the person that told me would not give up the guys name. I will check the track out on eBay. Thanks again bikebudy for the help.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Depending on what you are looking for ? I know a guy here that 5 or so sno pony's of this style and 4 or more of the square hooded sno pony's also. I know He wants to fix one out of the bunch but, he has lots of extra parts.

P.s. You show a pic of a part you are looking for, an I give you a list of Other sleds you can get it from.

Last edited:
Thanks for the eBay track # that place is only half hour away from me. If they let me pick it up I will get it. Once I get taking it apart and see what all will be needed I will let you know. Thanks again.

Thanks to the leads that Cory gave me I have a nos track and nos set of boogie wheels. It would be nice to at least see an original windshield to get an idea of what I need to make. Might have found nos grips too not 100% sure on style use.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Windshield, I would go by the last two photo's I posted. The Sno-Pony photo is not correct standing straight up like that.
Note, the others are tilted back a bit.

My dad went to Sheboygan years ago and they gave him a walk through. He told me at that time there were new machines in crates yet. The guy told my dad the one he pointed out that snowflake had reverse on it. My dad told me at that time the warehouse was full of parts and new sleds in crates. The guy would only sell him parts. If only you new but the guy said only the parts you need.