1970 Ruttman Large Frame Spyder

Mean Dean

Listing for a friend. I sold him the frame .He is one of Detroit's street racers also. This one has a lot of good work done on it. This one is a semi Custom. Mint frame powder coated in Silver metallic. All new custom built Predator engine. Flat top piston. It has a Honda 65th milled head.Some port work.21 mm Stainless valves.265 Dyno Cam 26 lb. springs. Good retainers. Adjustable 1.0 rockers, Billet rod and flywheel. Hipo crank bearings. Billet lifters. Billet intake. 22mm Mikuni. Walbro fuel pump. Hilliard clutch. Custom Seat. All new never raced. It is dialed in. 66 Tooth Sprocket. 5:30x4:50x6 tires. Custom aluminum tank. Kill switch. All new handle bars etc. There is around a $1,000 in the engine and driveline alone. He has around $2,200. into it. He would take $1,150 . Should do 60 Mph. @ 8,000 rpm. With 180-200 pd rider.

Last edited:

Mean Dean

This was just Stolen 4/28/14

This was just stolen from Motor City Mini's in Taylor Mich. Reward$$$$
Listing for a friend. I sold him the frame .He is one of Detroit's street racers also. This one has a lot of good work done on it. This one is a semi Custom. Mint frame powder coated in Silver metallic. All new custom built Predator engine. Flat top piston. It has a Honda 65th milled head.Some port work.21 mm Stainless valves.265 Dyno Cam 26 lb. springs. Good retainers. Adjustable 1.0 rockers, Billet rod and flywheel. Hipo crank bearings. Billet lifters. Billet intake. 22mm Mikuni. Walbro fuel pump. Hilliard clutch. Custom Seat. All new never raced. It is dialed in. 66 Tooth Sprocket. 5:30x4:50x6 tires. Custom aluminum tank. Kill switch. All new handle bars etc. There is around a $1,000 in the engine and driveline alone. He has around $2,200. into it. He would take $1,150 . Should do 60 Mph. @ 8,000 rpm. With 180-200 pd rider.

Mean Dean

Stolen Ruttman Long Frame

This was just stolen Around 3:30 Am 4/28/14. The frame is Powder coated in Silver. So are the fenders and Handle Bars. Built Honda Clone. Seat is Black with Charcoal Glitter. Custom Aluminum tank. Custom sprocket. Reward $$$

It was stolen from the future??? 4-28-14??? And out of all the cool bikes at the store...they only took that one bike? Seems the last person looking at it would be the person you need to be looking up.

Was there an information/ID/Sale tag on the bike when stolen. Who ever stole it may try to sell it with a description based on information they may have seen or taken on that tag, not knowing any better. May help members here keep a eye out for it.

Sorry too to hear this. :no:

Looks like Motor City Mini's and Mean Dean have posted for rewards on Craigslist:

STOLEN minibike! ruttman spyder

Stolen Silver Ruttman Long frame

Good Luck Guy's.

I also just checked ebay...nothing there for "Ruttman (minibike, mini bike)"

Too, I would list the bike as stolen with reward on ebay too. eBay may bump it but it's worth a try. It seems to me that the reward would be the basis of the listing though and should be OK so long as you are willing to pay ebay their fee on the reward...i.e. "$500 Cash Reward for sale, Payment one Stolen Ruttman minibike or $1000.

BTW...from the Craigslist listing it looks like a $500 reward offered by Mean Dean, is that so?

Also guy's don't forget to keep an eye out for the bike being parted!

Last edited:

Mean Dean

Yes ,That is a $500 reward from me. Sorry It was 3/28/14. It was early and I am dealing with two close Deaths to me that day. I am not perfect but pissed. Too many thefts in mini bike stores and bikes being stolen in the Detroit Area the last year and a half. WTF. It has to be a certain group doing this crap. The bike and parts will be traceable. Thanks to all for looking out.

The minibike I suppose is the least of your worries right now. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Dean, God Bless you and yours. Bad run of luck there, just bad on bad. Best Wishes.

When you do feel up to it, do fill us in on what's happening there at Motor City Mini's. It sounds that this is a common issue lately?