1972 Honda CT70

I always wanted one of these...but the custom paint job by the PO really sold me...oye! Any ideas for safe paint removal greatly appreciated. Also...can anyone point me to a online manual so I can figure out how to adjust the carb...and is there supposed to be an actual filter in the air filter can or just a screen...also should this bike have turn signals. As a side note I ran the VIN and it came back clean, it has 3k+ on a working speedo...it idles nicely but won't break 35MPH. Owned for 3 days so just beginning this project...and with regards to the handlebar release knobs, one is stuck but am afraid to force it too far...ideas? Man o man do I have issues...yAy... but she runs so there's hope my $125 was'nt totally wasted. I need help guys, this is only the beginning but I did manage to pull the rear wheel today to put in a new tube and while it's missing the bolt that keeps the back brake arm on the spline at the hub...the rest of the works was looking pretty decent considering the years of neglect and I think the new bolt will actually give me the rear brakes back. Ok, now I'm venting...sorry...oye...thanks for listening:facepalm:

You could use some nice paint stripper on the metal. But if theres plastic then you probably dont want to use it there. You could do it on plastic really quick.

Thanks, I'm trying to bring it back to "right"...not a true restoration but un-doing all the mis-treatment and "rigs" so I at least need a new muffler and new headlight, battery and ign lock&key...it seems to be running pretty well so far so I'm still worrying on how to remove all the spray paint...and along the way I'll check it's vital systems. I just need a to-do list of common issues to check so that when I go sell it I'll be informed. Or since I'm falling in love and may keep it I'll know it's safe to ride. In search of advice...