1st Go Kart Project

I've never had a go kart before but I picked this old frame up and am in the
process of getting it up and going. Theres always room for one more toy.
I have no idea what kind it is. The floor was rotting so I removed it and am going to weld a new one on. Otherwise except for some rust the frame is
pretty solid. I'm going to strip the paint and am thinking black and vitamin c
orange mettallic. I'll post as it progresses. check out the pictures.

That is a cool old school cart, it will be fun as hell. I am in the process of doing my first Golf Cart, and It is a little different, then a mini build.

Dobber

Been working on this the last week. I had to cut the rear axle in pieces to get the thing off. Every part was rusted on. some welds too which made it harder. I stripped all the
old paint and put primer on it. The front wheels are coming off too. They are not rusted on. I just ordered new parts today to get it up and going. Parts should be delivered next week.
See attached picture.

The boy and I are hunting for an old school roller and we really like that one.

Looks good but we miss the old steering wheel. :doah: I like how the steering mount is made.

up and running

41 was a number my 10 yr old daughter picked out. There's a new 6hp
Tecumseh powersport ohv on it. This thing is a blast to ride. i got this
engine at Willards Small Engines for $179. Thats pretty cheap for a Tecumseh.
I think they are still selling at that price if you're interested. The paint is
Plymouth vitamin C orange mettallic from automotivetouchup paint.com

Close?

Brian,
I found this one a few years ago, my son and I had it running, he painted it a green, with some yellow, a couple of years ago I took some to paint the frame orange, and put new seat pads in it, bolted a 4 hp briggs to it, but never went through the motor to get it running, maybe I'll reconsider that, I know I bought a go-cart this summer, the red one, and the boys and I had a blast, they're not big enuff yet to take it by theirselves yet but it was a blast, mom suggested we get rid of it, so I sold it for a little bit of a profit, but it was sad to see it go, oh well I got enuff stuff around to work on, but I think we need another go-cart.
dave

I stripped the old paint using a wire brush wheel and flap stripping wheel. It did take some
time. All the new parts with paint cost about $275. The 6 hp Tecumseh Powersport
cost $179 from Willards Small Engines. Most of the new parts came from GoKartGalaxy.

I started stripping the paint off my fenders. I am so stripping and painting. I might see if i can get it painted professionally if it will not cost too much.