2.8 HP Gas Tank Cap

So my boy bought himself a cool little green DB for $150 with his own money. Kid is 12 and can be a bit forgetful at times. He left the gas tank cap off or didn't tighten it well enough and it fell off while riding. :doah: I have checked for a new one online and they want $21+/- with shipping for a new one. Does anyone know of an alternate after market cap I can purchase for less than a 1/6 of the origional purchase price of my boys bike? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

When I got my DB from Checker Auto here in AZ., they only had the display one left and it was missing the gas cap.. They just found a regular car replacement one that fit.. Don't know how much it originally cost, they didn't charge me for it.. Cool thing is now the DB has a Chrome gas cap.. :thumbsup: So I would check out Checker Auto, can't be more than a couple of bucks.. :confused:

just go to any small engine repair shop or even home depot, i lost mine and just replaced it with one from a lawn mower i didnt use anymore