2 new Engine Projects

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Ok. that explains things. Out of curiosity, why didn't you stud it? It's a picasso btw.
They don't make quality studs long enough. I will have to make them from cheap material, and that's no good. The briggs will have ARP 3/8" studs, but it's not enough room for them in the Honda block. So grade 8 bolts will do.

The motors are only mock up for now, not even close to being together. Just setting them up for clearance issues. Since everything is custom I have to triple check everything.

I have known about these projects or at least the head for quite some time. I went to Isky Cams to buy a Tach and saw the head with MDB. You cannot imagine how difficult it was to keep my big mouth shut to the world, about these project motors?

So, now that there on the site, I knew about the head and block for 4 or more months and had to keep quiet......

That is why I call him MR. MOSLEY lol

TT out!

very proud! :thumbsup:

Yup CNC is a thing of beauty. Like TT I have seen these motors up close and personal, very very nice. And kudos to MDB for as usual thinking outside the box with his builds. More than likely I will pick up a billet side cover, and possibly even a billet head if all goes well with the pocket book on my next build. Still not going to be 3inch, but believe I can make a legitimate 24 or 25HP without it, will see. And like with my first two builds I will, like MDB document and post pics in my photos to share with everyone.

BTW nice seeing and talking with you at the races Rodney. Your eyes still had a glaze to them, man your one tuff cookie. And good luck with your new motors.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Dammm thats big money...it cost to be the boss
You right, it cost me a ton of time and money for this stuff.
I plan on doing a lot of damage with it when done. I think I will end up doing more racing with the gx200 Honda. The all billet Animal will be as a back plan. :thumbsup:

delray

minidragbike, what type of valves are you using. automotive type? motorcycle?
and what do you plan on using the for.

scare the little people:laugh:... looking good:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The valves are cut down from Nascar Titanium valves. The valves will be 42mm intake, and 32mm exhaust. The motor isn't that big, if your thinking about the size of like a 13hp Honda, but it's long because of the head.

The carbs will open at the exact same time, way easier to tune that way.