2 seater gokart I picked up

Do you have any idea what vintage/brand it is. Interesting how the steering linkage is below the frame and floor pan.

I've been trying to find the one and only picture I have of my go kart I had back in 1968.

Dean G, Wow that looks so much like mine I've had for at least 12 years, that I thought you stole it from my son in Mansfield, but as old cat pointed out that the steering linkage is below the floor pan, and you have a double loop for the steering colum to rest on mine only has a single tube. I'm going to get my carts out this weekend, will be moving them from Mansfield to Nova, Ohio,, the one like your's will be easy to put together to ride, the other one, 2 seater too, had some extensive repair work done to it and will take allittle more work to get it on track, but should be able to post some pics after spring break, I get the boys for the whole week and we plan on cutting in a new track at Grandma's house!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
dave

Dean G

Do you have any idea what vintage/brand it is. Interesting how the steering linkage is below the frame and floor pan.

I've been trying to find the one and only picture I have of my go kart I had back in 1968.
It's a Bird Engineering kart. Not sure of the year. The company was in Fremont Nebraska.

Your Go Kart is made by Manco. It's like mid 80's design. Mine had a black seat with red piping but i see yours id solid black.. Originally it would have had a 3.5 Tecumseh but mine went to briggs.. 3.5 ported motor, then a 5...

They are pretty small and made for little kids.. Too much abuse, bumps, that kind of stuff is REALLY rough on the axles.. They aren't very roomy either.. They were designed for like two 10 year old kids to cruise around a nice mowed yard with..

Mine used to scare me to death and after I got it running good.. I could take off down the road and the whole kart would flex underneath you.. It would dart back and forth about 1 lane wide TRYING to go in a strait line. :eek:hmy: DAMN NEAR rolled it more than once..

I would NOT ALLOW it to be used by little kids.. I ended up selling mine to some teenage kid around here and I was glad to see it sold. :lol:
[/IMG]