2011 mini-bike madness drags/billetproof Lakeland Florida Oct. 23rd

markus

I'll go. My baja heat is definitely geared for top end but maybe that can change by then :D

Yea the bike I would like to ride might not be the best for short 1/8 mile. I have not had time to really mess with it, I don't know if it will get up to speed in that time or not. I know last year the 2 stroke Broncco I rode would not.

i'm glad i found this site...i think i'm gonna make that trip in october w/my mini called crankenstein. i'm from tampa, fl. i also have 2 videos on youtube under sheem75. :scooter:

Been looking forward to this event all year.
Just about a month to go!!
Hellaslow-Unclerocket-Markus...Plenty of time to get things ready.:thumbsup:
See ya there.

What are the safety requirements and everything we need to know to race our minis? Don't want show up and not be qualified to race because of a safety precaution. If you know what I'm saying.

The only safety requirements they address on the website are the basics..... Helmets, long pants, jacket, and closed toe shoes/boots. As far as the bikes themselves go (or your hot rods too), it's a run what ya brung type of deal.

That's not to say that if you showed up with a cobbled together mess that looks obviously unsafe they'd let you run it down the track, but that's mostly just common sense.

Given the lack of much response about the event over on the HAMB, I'm starting to wonder if the mini bikes are gonna out number the hot rods! :shrug:

Like Square Chopper said, its a common sense thing.
Just imagine if something went wrong at 30-50 miles an hour and you hopped off your Mini, what would you wanna be wearing?!!
I went overkill last year and found a leather sportbike jacket/pants combo on Craigslist for a hundred bucks, a full face helmet for 75 bucks and bought some gloves with carbon knuckles in the closeout bin at the local cycle shop for 15 bucks. The money adds up quick, but if I happen to go sliding down the track, I could probably still go to work on Monday.
This is a really laid back FUN event, no trophies, just braggin' rights.

Cool.
We are around 3-4 hours away from Lakeland, if time permits, we might have to check out that Hooters.
Nothing impresses talented young ladies like a bunch of guys talking about drag racing mini bikes!! Okay, we'll leave out the "mini bike" part, just "Drag Racing" :thumbsup: