22 Mikuni Help

125ccCrazy

I have no clue. I bought the carb from agk.
taper bore more than likely... its more of a rubber seat than a gasket correct?? if so....no idea who sells parts for those carbs other than jets....

If the seal is broke apart try some RTV silicone to put it back together and seal it up.. I had to repair one too..

I also really need a new float bowl gasket. I might just give up and buy a VM mikuni.
I did try the RTV and it held up for about two days before it was leaking again.

C9H13NO3

Get some gasket paper.

Cut the gasket paper in desired shape.

Treat gasket with copper spray-a-gasket, or that stuff in a brown bottle that stanks like old varnish.

Install gasket.

Ride into the sunset.

Get some gasket paper.

Cut the gasket paper in desired shape.

Treat gasket with copper spray-a-gasket, or that stuff in a brown bottle that stanks like old varnish.

Install gasket.

Ride into the sunset.
It's not that kind of gasket he's talking about I dont think. it's more like a o ring type gasket in the shape of the bowl outline. very thin circumference rubbery deal. ?

is it like this

or this

Last edited:
It's not that kind of gasket he's talking about I dont think. it's more like a o ring type gasket in the shape of the bowl outline. very thin circumference rubbery deal. ?

is it like this

or this

Either way it could be made out of gasket paper, they make some rubberized stuff that works well.

grey permatex works well here
The grey stuff takes longer than the blue or black to set, and is alot thicker.

AKA its great for using on this application, since it won't get squished out as easily.

To the OP,

If you end up using a sealant put it on the surface and let it sit for a few minutes, then tighten the bolts down 1/2 way and wait an hour or two, then tighten all the way.

That way the sealant doesn't get squished out from between the two surfaces to be sealed.

Trust me, it works.

i like to put it on and let it set up about an hr then install half way wait till you think it is getting real hard then tighten it up chit works great. the ultra blue works good to but the i have had work 100% of the time. :thumbsup:

i like to put it on and let it set up about an hr then install half way wait till you think it is getting real hard then tighten it up chit works great. the ultra blue works good to but the i have had work 100% of the time. :thumbsup:
Love the ultra blue. I use it around the bolt I use to plug the gov hole.

Works great.