22 rifle's

Any one collect them ? I have a few a remington 514 a marlin 795 a daisy legacy 2201 and a ruger 1022. I like them for there versatility from a small game to large game :laugh: on one of those gator hunters one guy got a gator with a marlin model 60 :no:

Oldsalt

.22s are cool because the ammo is so cheap. I've got a Marlin 883 that is nicely scoped with a big bore rifle scope and it is a tack driver. I like the Marlins.

Here's my Winchester model 69A. They made these from 1937-1963. Winchester did not put a serial # on this model. I don't know how old this one is, but I do believe that my dad got it before I was born in '56. My earliest memory of it is from when I was prolly 5 or 6 years old. "Dad, can we look at your .22 again? Please?" I've used it a lot over the years. I wish I knew more about where and when he got it, but that's just another on the long list of questions I should have asked my dad (and written the answer down) before he died. Wow, there's a takeaway. Once they're gone, they're gone forever. Don't wait to ask questions about what might seem like everyday stuff.

I don't about know collect them, but always have a few around.. Theres some Japanese made bolt action that the exractor is always broke on, single sholt bolt, but it's acurate as hell and SUPER light triggr pull.. like 1.5 pounds.. Theres a Marlin Jammamatic but works pretty good.. Then the Mossberg Chuckster 22 mag.. :bowdown: That thing is flat lethal.. Hit's at 100 yards like it left the barrel of a long rifle.. These hot loads I got for it are like 200-250 yards, point of aim, point of impact.. :eek:hmy: Scary deadly rifle within a couple hundred yards.. And quiet and carry about 700 rounds in your pocket :laugh:

I guess I will chime in on this off topic thread.

Recently, I purchased a tube feed semi auto 22 caliber Marlin. I do not know the model number, and I got a scope for it at Wal-Mart boo-hiss for about $40.00 and the gun was purchased at Turner's for less then $200.00. It shoots good and the bricks of ammo are cheap as Oldsalt said..... Overall good gun had one once before. I like the Sig-Sauer P220 45 in Stainless as protection.....:shrug:

TT Out~

I have a few .22 calibur rifles my favorite is an old Winchester that has a 3 x 7 x 15 scope perfect for any small game, but for big game I use either .308 or .30-06, and even bigger game I really go for the 45-70 Marlin. Shotguns are another game all togather.:thumbsup: