3rd doodle bug build

So building this one for me
Got it strip down.
Sent it off to the machine shop to get it stretch.
Just got it back today
I'm happy with the length.
But I expected more from the machinists.thought the welds would been smoother and the price was litter more that expected.
I guess when you don't do something your self you can't complain

Youngest striping it done out with old

Day of going to the machine shop

Just got it back today
Stop by H.F. With my coupon

Next step better stronger forks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stretch a foot.
I'm 6'1 just wanted a little more leg room.
Plus hopefully this will help stop some of the wheelies.

Meh, those welds aren't the worst I've seen. Hard to tell for sure without looking close but they look solid. Maybe not the prettiest ever, but solid.

Did they by any chance use any kind of plug inside the joints before they welded them up? I'm probably paranoid, but I don't have a lot of faith in tubes that are just butt welded. And I wonder if you should consider putting some kind of additional supports in there? 1 foot is a pretty long stretch. I'd imagine there is gonna be a fair amount of flex when you get weight on it.

Looks awesome though. Makes me wanna stretch mine!

Last edited:
Yea he put plugs in all 4 the tubing he used was thicker than the other so he had to mill all 8 ends .was going get him build new forks but he wanted 250.00 just to make the forks I'll try myself[emoji848]

I think I would have had the stretch done in front of the rear fender bracket unless you are going to cut it off and not run a rear fender or are you planning on running a larger diameter tire? I'm looking forward to your further progress.
Steve