5.5 HP Tecumseh Snow King Flathead engine

Hey Guys, I picked up a new Tecumseh Snow King flathead 5.5 hp engine model LH195SP-67527-34EP. I can't find a lot of info about it and was wondering if anyone knew if this thing has a cast Iron Sleeve inside? It also has a duel alternator, 3 amp DC and 5 amp AC. I'm thinking this may be a discontinued model. Does anyone have a link to some alternator wiring info for it? I'm going to use it on a big wheeled Roper restore that has lights and I'm hoping it'll produce enough power to run them. It doesn't appear that their are many flathead engines being manufactured these days except for a few bigger ones that are too large for my bike. I'm hoping I can find some parts to do a mild mod on the engine to boost the power a little, anyone know if performance parts are made by anyone for this engine? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eagle

All Tecumseh flat head engines are discontinued...Tecumseh is discontinued....since the greedy, moronic and incompetent upper management types ran it into the ground and then sold what was left to Certified Parts Corp. in Wisconsin. Sorry for the rant....I'm just pissed how the company's in the country are run!! If Certified Parts Corp. was paying attention to what HS40s have been selling for on eBay lately, this is the first engine they should re-tool up for soon!!

The LH195 and HS50 5.5 and 5hp engines were NEVER made with a cast iron sleeve...despite what you may see sellers claim on eBay or otherwise....

Thanks Bobco, I had heard about all the troubles Tecumseh has had over the years and thought they had stopped production. You would think someone would have noticed the popularity of the old engines and started at least limited production of some of the most desirable ones. Wouldn't it be cool if you could buy a new Rapture III engine? It seems these days all anyone is producing is OHV motors. I wonder if you can buy a steel sleeve and have it put in a new Tech flathead 5.5 hp engine? Anyone ever hear of someone doing that?

Eagle

Big Jim

It is an SK not too much you can do or try to do to "hop it up." You will nned to fit a minibike throttle linkake on it and buy a can style filter for it, they will run with the snow carb. the choke lever is wonky but works.
As far as machine work, you will have ALOT of money in sleeving it and getting the piston fitted, not worth it to me.... I hate to say it, but, a Honda has all that you want for options, plus the power. It doesn't look like a flat head but has an iron sleeve.
I have a spring clean up curb find SK on my Trail Bronc, it is what it is...

Nice Bike Big Jim, what is that belt drive unit you're running on your bike? I'm sure it would be pricy sleeving a small engine like that but if we can't buy flatheads with sleeves in em I'd still consider spending the money to do it, that is if the block has enough material and the sleeve could be purchased. I love the OHV Honda's but with some bikes you just don't have the room with the cylinder in the way to mount it right and use a belt drive. I just wish I had held onto all the old engines I've had over the years.

Eagle