5 hp tiller engine question

I bought 5hp briggs engine that came off a tiller and wanted to use on mini bike project. The side shaft is about an inch shorter than 3 hp briggs shaft.Cannot find clutch to work. Do I have to change crank or are there any other solutions. Thanks, Scott

How long is the shaft? Is it drilled tapped for a bolt?

If the shaft is too short to contact the key safely on the clutch, you can buy a long key Max torque clutch and use their keyed adapter/extension (called a driver insert washer) All they need to know is is the length of your shaft and size bolt for the shaft. I've used them on shafts as small as 1 1/2" and it works great. Max T's "ping" and are noisier that Comets though. :eek:ut:

Their # (630) 369-9600 Clutch was $35.00 and adapter $3.80 last year. I use the same adapters for Tavs too. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the information. I put in a call to Max T. Got their answering machine. I'll try again tomorrow. Don't care about the noise just want it to go.
Thanks again ! Scott

I got through to Max T. today and they told me the don't have the long key clutches anymore. They told me I could have a part machined to use the comet clutch. Found a machine shop and they are working on it. Check out my photos and let me know what kind of mini bike I have. Thanks, Scott:thumbsup: