5hp stand up scooter

Cool vids. :thumbsup:

We have a larger electric scooter frame with front shocks but haven't got around to it yet. :doah: I'd hate to wipe out on it but one could get away with riding it on the streets a lot easier.

Also I agree about getting your ankles burned, put a heat gaurd on that puppy! The 6.5 is way over kill. :doah:

Neck

Growing up is optional
I saw a setup like this on El Mirage dry lake. I tries to catch it on my go cart, but it was too fast. My go cart has been clocked at 45 mph! Scary!

My scooter has header wrap on it, you can touch it after doing hot laps and it doesnt burn you at all. I have around 1000 miles on it and ive never been burned

Put the tav and the disc brake on a few months ago. The disc brake works too good, it just locks up with the slightest touch. This scooter is scary fast off the line (especially with the mikuni carb).

wow nice job, so 159cc on a briggs 5hp? mine is supposedly 13ci which google converts to around 200cc i'm hoping I can get my minibike street legal, that would be just too cool to roll up to school on that. haha

Ok I'm currently installing a gx160 on my old X-treme 550 scooter and was wondering what TAV are you using and how you mount your engine???

I am kind of lazy.
I like to sit, but those are great for storing in the closet.

I wish I could have hid my minibike somewhere before my older brother destroyed it.

"I am kind of lazy.
I like to sit, but those are great for storing in the closet."

i guess its just personal preference, but what makes this attractive is that you can ride it on the street. I've done 60+ mile rides on it and all the while cops just wave at me.

"is it possible to put a 5hp motor on a bike? any tricks or tips on how i would mount it? shuld i reform the frame? nice scooter!!!"

You mean like a regular bike? Possible yes, but definetely not practical. The frame would need to be modified and strengthened. A new rear hub would need to be machined to accommodate a sprocket. Stronger spokes, etc.

Put the tav and the disc brake on a few months ago. The disc brake works too good, it just locks up with the slightest touch. This scooter is scary fast off the line (especially with the mikuni carb).
Wow, what a great way to get sent to the hospital. That thing is dangerous and scary. What a horrible contraption.

I LOVE IT!:thumbsup: