6.5 clone in Super Bronc?

Hi all,

Last year I bought a torn apart Super Bronc from another board member, and I have been wondering how to complete the bike.

It came with the 40 series driven/jackshaft, but no driver, as it turns out they are kinda pricey to replace. More than I am willing to spend, since this Bronc is altered already, and will never be original.

I have a 6.5 clone I picked up, and a comet 30 series driver in good condition I picked up earlier, so I was thinking I could get a 30 series driven and drop the 6.5 clone in the Bronc.

Does that sound like it would work?

Would the 6.5 be too small for the Super Bronc?

It does not have to be a speed demon, but I don't want the engine to bog from too much weight.

I don't care if it is non-original, since the steering head was chopped up when I got it. This would just be a rider, not a restore job.

TomH

You might want to consider a mounting plate from hot rod mini bikes if your motor slots don't line up. Also your backing plate on the TAV might have to be modified to fit. Some grind off one of the webs, some raise the engine. The mounting plate is 1/2" thick. It might solve two problems at once. Check it out.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I still have the original jackshaft assembly with the disk brake, I hope I can use it with the 30 series driven, but I think it is 5/16, and the 30 series driven looks to be 3/4 so I may have to do a workaround.:hammer:

Now that I think about it, I will have to find out which way the driven for a 30 series sits on a jackshaft, I think it opens/closes the other way from a 40 driven...

Which jack shaft set up do you have?
Like this

Or like this

If you have the first one shouldnt be a problem mounting up a driver and driven but if you have the second one the clone will never clear it :doah: but you could always make a jack shaft like this one that member RatBike did and just use gears and clutch with a band brake he says it goes pretty good :thumbsup:

Here is the jackshaft shown on the bike. It still has the 40 series driven on it. I will need to figure out if the 30 series driven will have clearance on this shaft. I'm thinking no because I think it opens the opposite way from the 40.

Sooo, I decided to buy the Comet 40 series anyway. I think I would be better of just getting the 40 series rather than try to rig up some alternative drive. Given my skill level, it would not have worked as well as the original setup.

I bought it through BMI Karts, it was expensive, but it is a genuine (made in USA) Comet TC.

I have pics for proof.:smile:

Is this the J/S brake set up you have? do you have any pics of how that one is set up? Did you do any thing to the carb or does it run good like that(with the angle ) :shrug: