6 Inch Wheels-Tire size limited?

Figured i'd post up because i'm having some difficulty. I'm running 6" wheels on my MBX10 with the stock 145/70-6 tires. I've been looking around for a good week or so for larger tires without having to replace the wheels. Checked all the normal places online as well as ebay, craigslist, and some places locally. It seems that the maximum size i can find for the wheels is what i have already. A bit disappointing, honestly. Going to an 8" wheel is not in my budget (i know... i'm being cheap, but i'm trying to stay within a small budget and the constraints of my current build).

I'm looking for something a couple inches larger in diameter and keeping to a 6" wheel at 6-8" width in a knobby. If anyone has a lead on something like this i'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if they would fill the bill for you but you might want to take a look at Dunlop or Bridgestone go kart rain tires. They run somewhere around 11 to 11.5" in diameter and fairly wide.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
12-600x6 / 6" rim / 11.8" tall

13-650x6 / 6" rim / 12.5" tall

How much Tall do you want?

How wide do you want?

15x5x6

15x6x6

Last edited:
Well... i just decided to stop being cheap. I'll have to upgrade eventually. Might as well be now.

Bikebudy... i appreciate the offer of help. Rethinking the design on my new bike has pushed my tire size into the 20" zone. Pulled the plug on a wheel/tire/sprocket combo.