68 mph bonaza 70 + with nitrous

All they do is lean out the engine.without out an active fuel management system like EFI you can not run a dry system.

You need to add fuel and oxygen to make combustion.Nitrous-oxide is not a fuel and it does not burn. So unless you run your jets way on the fat side this is a great piston burning tool.
At about 565F the n20 separates. The oxygen does burn and nitrogen absorbs the latent heat. Dry shots have been run on carb systems for years with only an air/fuel wideband gauge. Pull time, cooler plug, and run rich until you get the right ration. I agree with you that it could lean your mixture out causing engine failure, but nitrous can be safe if the user knows what he is doing. With all that said, I don't think it's the best idea to spray such a small engine. It would probably require a really small jet (.007 to start with?) and there would be very little room for forgiveness.

At about 565F the n20 separates. The oxygen does burn and nitrogen absorbs the latent heat. Dry shots have been run on carb systems for years with only an air/fuel wideband gauge. Pull time, cooler plug, and run rich until you get the right ration. I agree with you that it could lean your mixture out causing engine failure, but nitrous can be safe if the user knows what he is doing. With all that said, I don't think it's the best idea to spray such a small engine. It would probably require a really small jet (.007 to start with?) and there would be very little room for forgiveness.
so your telling me they use carbed dry shots to spray more than just a lean out on the big end? weird to me,we never used it for more than I few MPH in the traps.We lost a few motors back in the 70's due to a stuck fuel solenoid(hard lesson the use of pressure sensors and relays). Once even had a No2 stuck open before.
So how does it work without fuel? I can't understand how you can gain HP without the right A/F mixture to get the proper BTU's.

so your telling me they use carbed dry shots to spray more than just a lean out on the big end? weird to me,we never used it for more than I few MPH in the traps.We lost a few motors back in the 70's due to a stuck fuel solenoid(hard lesson the use of pressure sensors and relays). Once even had a No2 stuck open before.
So how does it work without fuel? I can't understand how you can gain HP without the right A/F mixture to get the proper BTU's.
Actually, I agree with everything you just said. A proper dry shot would just lean out the top end, which as you said would be a few more mph. I'm not saying run a 500 big shot as a dry system or anything. But a 50 or 100 dry shot on a rich mixture, as long as the A/F isn't lean, will run all day. Actually i have a friend who ran a 300 dry shot on a 350 swapped S10 back in high school. I'm not saying it lasted the longest, but it was the fastest thing in high school.
I'm interested in how it sounded having the nitrous solenoid stick open. How long did it take after your foot came off the throttle before the boom? Was it just a backfire?

[/IMG]
i think that tank looks great.
Thanks the bike has around 1200 in it. It has a bitchin billet spring loaded chain tensioner also, The bike isnt currently next to me or i would get you guys more pics. Also the nitrous unit is something i built using a hobby battery small 2.5 lb bottle and some air brake line its no kit. Nice bike 500 firm Bike just needs a seat built and also a powedercoated frame to be finished.

Actually, I agree with everything you just said. A proper dry shot would just lean out the top end, which as you said would be a few more mph. I'm not saying run a 500 big shot as a dry system or anything. But a 50 or 100 dry shot on a rich mixture, as long as the A/F isn't lean, will run all day. Actually i have a friend who ran a 300 dry shot on a 350 swapped S10 back in high school. I'm not saying it lasted the longest, but it was the fastest thing in high school.
I'm interested in how it sounded having the nitrous solenoid stick open. How long did it take after your foot came off the throttle before the boom? Was it just a backfire?
Well I ended up in sand with a motor that sounded like I gremlin pulling plug wires off and back on,let's just say it was uncomfortable ride home.lol

Last edited: