69 Broncco Custom

Hey guys,

I recently changed up a few things on the old Broncco and it rides so much better with the taller bars. I added a headlight and an old school bee hive tail light, but I was wondering what kind of battery should I use for the lighting? We have these small trailer break away battery boxes at work that have a built in charger, but they are only 5 amp hour. They sweet thing about them is that they are concealed in a nice tidy little box with a built in mount and weatherproof....oh, and they are cheap. Have any of you used something like this, or is this type of battery all wrong for lighting, and if so, what have some of you done to light your bikes? Also, would a simple 12 volt lighting circuit for two lamps need to be fused? One more thing, if there is anyone out there who has a gas tank that they think would work well on this old bike please let me know. I passed on a TX Broncco tank on EBAY this weekend because it cost too much, and I really think the stock tanks are ugly. Looking for something a little more classic. Thank you so much for all your help! You guys rock!
IMG_20150113_230203.jpg IMG_20150130_205525.jpg Thanks! IMG_20141231_110645.jpg

markus

Hey guys,

I passed on a TX Broncco tank on EBAY this weekend because it cost too much, and I really think the stock tanks are ugly. Looking for something a little more classic. Thank you so much for all your help! You guys rock!
View attachment 68829 View attachment 68830 Thanks! View attachment 68828
some of the lower end bikes in the TX lineup used a round tank up on top. so it would not look too out of place :shrug:

They, especially now, are pretty easy to find NOS even. The ones that have flooded the market are a little different than the early ones but shorter may actually be better. They are paper thin hunk of shit compared to earlier tanks though, beer cans are built better!

you see them listed as "chilton" (not clinton) its the one on the top, the one on the bottom is a heavy gauge one from the 60's to compare the sizing

Good luck with the build!!! Always look forward to seeing Broncco's! (btw, I think the Broncco coffin style tanks are the coolest out there!)