71 el burro ??????

Can anybodu on here help me..on tear down to do rebuild the bearings in the neck for the fork where shot....I tried to find numbers on them to be match to replace with new ones...but there so bad I can't find nothing... does anybody know what size they are to be replace...I figured some one on here has did a rebuild on a el burro and can point me in the right direction..... thanks

it has a bearing, I replaced them on 2 el burros before...I remember it said something like Nice 502 or something? I will have to dig deeper, I bought them at Motion industries I believe

TomH

Sounds like you have the bearings. There should be a number stamped into it. I took mine to a bearing shop and the counterman got me a couple that fit. Another time I had one with a number that was discontinued, I went to an auto parts and they measured it and brought me one that fit for a pulley I had.

Mne where so tore up I couldnt even read the writing on them...headin to the bearing shop in the morning...tri state bearing...see what happens

Well guys no luck at my local bearing store...so here's what I camebup with...I took a bronze bushing...small block chevy pilot shaft bearing.....cut it in halve.... and boom....perfect......:scooter::thumbsup: