9 bike 1 tryke build

Do you Like them, well do ya?

• Total voters
Ok guys,
I'm about 8 days into the flower season, will be running around the state like a chicken with it's head cut off! was over in penn. the other day, was going to surprise hent and stop by for coffee, but didn't know where he stays, lol. I can tell by the first couple of days so far that it's probably going to be my busiest year so far, so i hope i get 400 hrs this year, I'm not really going to have alot of time to comment, but i'll be watching when i can, things should be back to normal after the memorial day holiday, and I'll be back on my builds after i recoup, from the stress of this driving job.
dave

A break from the mini's

Here they are, and aren't they beautiful? These pics were taken like the 3rd day I was back, you can already see the holes in the patches, today is the 16th day and the green houses are really showing it, now it will start getting warm outside and the next week or so will probably pretty much empty the place out, I just hope there is enuff to keep us 3 drivers busy till after memorial day.
dave

Now let me explain!

It is amazing to me to see one man's vision pay off, This man got off the boat in the early years, and had a knack for growing flowers, his experiments with how to grow and sell his little beauties led to the way his offspring make their fortune today, alot of people depend on this particular family in this part of the country for those nice flats of pre grown flowers and veggy plants, the green house pics are pretty much self explanatory, the one pic I wanted to point out in particular, is of the christian accademy, they had that shipment of flowers pre sold, the people showed up shortly after i left to pick up their plants, what a way for a school to make that always needed extra money, I believe they made enuff last year to take 2 trips washington dc, and i believe gettysburg WOW, Kind of nice to be a part of something that touches so many people, well it's late and tomorrow I'll be back on the road, need to get some sleep, Memorial Day is comming.
dave

My pick up truck

Well this is it, the truck, and some action shots, lol, this truck not only gets there, it does most of the work for me, lol, she'll do 75 mph, with a full load, got clocked once doing 71 mph, that cost $100.00 and 2 points, plus the statie said that i wasn't supposed to be going over 55 in it, well yes i knew that, but sometimes we get in a hurry and find it nessisary, Oh did i tell you all that I picked up a F-150 the other day with it? The little lady I picked it up for was smiles from ear to ear, she just graduated from kindergarden, anyway, spoke to the boss yesterday, and he said that with the cold weather start we had, we might be another 2 weeks cleaning out the green house, so I hope everyone can be paitient with me, so I can complete this, as it looks like it will be the longest season that I've ever seen.
dave

Today is Sunday, June 1,2008, The truck I have been driving developed a very bad oil leak, I had today off, first day off since the rush began a few weeks ago, anyway, I did some things around the house today, cut the grass, helped plant the tomatoes, just kind of caught up on the things that I've neglected while I was driveing, there is still work to be done, back there at the greenhouse but I think that I'm going to go in tomarrow, and tell my boss that if the majority of the work is done, we are down to 2 trucks and 3 drivers, I don't like rideing with one driver, the other one is cool, but he don't need any help, the guy is the size of a bear, the old man was told that he shouldn't be lifting more than 5 lbs, bad heart I guess, but he still wants to work, me, I really like it, but I've had enuff, I put in my 350 hrs, had a lot off laughs, got to race around in them ryders, but I miss my minis and I'm wanting to get back to them, so tomarrow, I'm going to go in to get paid and then come home, he knows that if he needs me, I'm just a phone call away, and I'll probably want to do it again next year, so here in a day or 2, I'll be back on my builds.
dave

Wow,
The "hunnydo" list was long, then there was the work on a few of my friends cars that was put off until I could find the time, then I had to straighten up the shop areas, they can become messy when no one is around, I rested after the flower gig, but really had to take it easy for awhile cause I was trimming the trees away from the house, wow my house looks bigger!
Anyway to give you all an up date, I finished and sold the tryke, geeze all I had to do was mention the trike, he came from Portage County, saw it and bought it, said it was what he was looking for for his kid, don't mean to brag, but only had maybe $150.00 in the thing, so as I fold those crisp 8 100 dollar bills I figure I made a cool $650.00 for my time. I finished my first pink bike, most of that was done before I started the flower work as I posted some pics of it in different threads, I even got to show my braking system to a few other members, for them to try, hope it works for them as well as they did for me! Now those days of driving for the flowers were long and sometimes I'd put away too many of those Full Throttle s so sometimes I would unwind in the shop, I got a start on a seat for the yellow bike, and I got the clone motor mounted on the second pink bike.
Today I tore down 4- 2 1/2 hp briggs motors, in hopes of getting at least 3 of them back together and running, I'm going to put 2 of those motors on the 2 bonanza choppers, mainly because I'm a briggs man, and 2 1/2 horses is going to be all the little woman will let me put on Raymond and Tyler's bike, and I do want their first experience, minibiking, to be pleasant, but that's down the road a little, heck they just mastered riding their bycycles, the rest of my bikes will be getting 5 hp briggs motors, I'll be up dating with some pics here in a few days, we got a new camera and mom is the only one who knows how to use the darned thing.
dave

These 2 are for sale

These 2 bikes are FOR SALE, but I really don't know how much they're worth, Would someone that knows let me know so I don't make a big mistake, PLEASE !!!!
dave

den35

If I may offer my opinion,I'd say the complete one is worth about $300.

Here's why.Brand new engine,frame and paint in good shape,overall good looking bike.And I take into account the effort put into building it.

I'd also say the incomplete one is good for $150.Again,new engine,frame in good shape.But obviously not rideable as is.

That's what a novice mini biker would consider.(IMO)

Thanks OldMan and den, the pink, well I built them for 2 very special women in my life, my wifey, and a very close friend, but wifey won't ride it and my friend won't ride it now since she is expecting child, den I forgot to mention, I was painting the wheels on the second bike and will be re assembling it later today or tomarrow. thanks again
dave

Den, you talk like mini's are a dime a dozen up there in Canada, without exagerating, I figure I have about $475.00 in my completed bike, and that's not including my time involved, no, I think if someone offered me $300.00 for either of them, I'd realize that who ever made that suggestion was just looking for a great deal on a mini, chuckel to myself and walk away.
I think what I'm going to do is get a couple of my build bikes running for the up coming holiday, July 4, the cops around here will be busy doing other things, and then me and a couple of buddies are going to "Raise Hell" in the hood, Hent, I hope none of you're members belong to the Akron Police Dept, I might of just tipped them off to my holiday activities:doah:
dave

Hey Dave. I kinda have to agree with the both of you. Den has a very good point as to why the $300 price tag. As a consumer we'd ALL like to get a "great" deal on the products we purchase. At that same time, we usually forget what it takes to get that product to us. You've done some fine work on ALL the bikes I've seen you put out so far. That being said, I certainly agree with you about laughing and walking away. I'm sure if someone offered me $600 for the UNFINISHED trike project the we have going, I'd do the same thing, turn and leave, laughing. I say this simply because I feel that the time and care that I try to put into all my projects is worth something to ME, as I'm sure yours is to you. That is the main reason I feel you'll never get a sufficient answer to your question, "what's it worth". Because I doubt that there is anyone on this site, that's going to feel exactly the way you do about your time and labor, even though we may appreciate it just as much for the finished product. I say it's worth whatever makes you not feel "cheated" for doing the project in the first place, no matter what the physical cost of the project.

You stated the reason for the pink bikes way before you even started on them. One for your wife, and the other for a dear friend. Well, knowing that neither will now enjoy these bikes, as intended, how do you really feel about possibly selling something that would have brought such enjoyment to those two special people in your life?? I don't know about you but that would put those particular bikes in a very high sell category. Anyway good luck with all the other projects, and I'm sure you'll figure out what they're worth to you.:thumbsup:

den35

Actually Dave it's exactly the opposite.Mini's are not very common(or very popular) up here(at least that I've seen sofar).So to get a bike sold,the price has to be right.I got my AC Prowler for $200,and it was in reasonable condition.People like the OldMiniBikes members(myself included)understand the work that goes into these bikes,but(especially up here) most people looking for a bike just want a toy,and don't care how it was made.Which is probably why the chinese pocket bikes are so popular.(which really burns my a$$)

I appologize if my price quote seemed insulting.Just being realistic.

Last edited:
Test flight Pepto-Pink

Den, No insult was taken, infact I want to thank-you, I mean, yeah I felt like the family I spoke of in an earlier thread that bought a $56,000.00 house in a $10,000 neighborhood, bankrupt!!, but then my moment was interupted by the thought of; Well let me finish this thing, and see what these clone engines are all about", well I went out in the drive and tightened up the chain, put in the oil, gave it a half of a tank of gas, and then told my friend Rob-dog to push it down into the street for a test flight, I pointed out the kill switch, twist grip and brakes, I instructed him to be easy on the gas, cause I knew nothing about how this clone was going to act, I am happy to report that this china doll fired on the first pull, stalled but the second pull, just a little rev, and you could tell that this bike was dangerous!!! Rob-dog goes about 200 lbs, he just cracked the throttle and the front wheel was trying to pop a wheelie, so he put his feet behind the bike, to act as wheelie bars, I let him ride it for about 25 minutes, then a friend "Ray" came along and rode it up and down the street a few times, had to tighten the chain, but after I tightened the chain, I'm like, Heck I built the bike, I should ride it too!, I pushed it out in the street, nervously fired it up, and hopped aboard. This is no kids toy!!!!! I couldn't even think of doing like Crazy Mike did, he hopped aboard and floored it, needless to say the peptobismal pink bike got it's first couple of scratches, and mikey ended up on his ass! I couldn't stop laughing long enuff to care that he just dumpped my new bike, anyway Den35, thanks alot, without your low ball on the price, I'd still be a wondering the value, now I know it, that's at least $800.00 worth of fun, deffinatly not for a kid, and probably should have wheelie bars attached to the rear end, I think I'll be finishing 2 or 3 more bikes in the next few days, then since I live close to Hartville, home of the world's largest flee market, and a spot only cost $10.00, I'll load my completed bikes in the van and spend the day in Hartville, Ohio.
dave

ps Can anyone tell me how to post the short clipps, I got today, somepeople on here go thru U-tube, how is it done, maybe some one will get to laugh as hard as I did!!!!
dave