A little help needed.

den35

I went out and bought a set of pin drills today with the intention of getting my stock db30 engine running again.

Here's where I need the help.I had drilled the stock carb jet too big without knowing what the original size was.I figured out that i can fill the hole with solder and drill out a new hole,but I can't find any info on the stock jet size.

Anyone know what size pin drill bit I should use?:confused:

Motra

That seems like a lot of trouble for a part that only costs a few dollars. I can't imagine doing the solder method you mentioned. The shape of the opening is very important too, not just the size of the hole. Some manufacturers advise against even using a wire to clean jets because they can be damaged. Any Honda dealer that deals in outdoor power equipment should be able to get the proper jet for you, it's a G100K3-QA model.

den35

SORRY I SUGGESTED!! "Did you try search"

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

No,FT.I'm sorry.Guess I've seen too many smart a$$'s say that in a derogatory manner that i took it as such myself.My Bad!

Believe it or not Motra,there is no-one in my area that deals in small honda engines right now.The last dealer that did also sold Harley,Polaris and Yamaha products.Now they're dedicated to Harley only.The local equipment shops do sell honda engines and will order parts,but at a hefty markup.

And besides saving money,I can learn more by trying to do it myself.Maybe even help others who've made the same mistake.