A SCAMMER among us. Check it out in the General Classifieds section.

RogerA

Check out the Argyle Scooter for sale in the General Classifieds sections of the Classified Section. The seller, Bouch8769, is a fraud. His name is Joseph Boucher from Port Jervis New York. We made a deal and I paid him for this scooter by PPFF. Despite many emails asking him to ship the scooter, he never did. And now he is trying to sell it again! SCAMMER!

Addicted 2 Minis

I had a similar situation a few years back with a Honda Z50 frame, my loss was only $150. I saw a new user pop up here years later under the same name as the e-mail name he used then, I sent him a message and haven't seen him here since. Hopefully karma catches up with these fools, I'd like to believe that's why the tree fell on his house, if it really happened. I hope you get things sorted out, if not the scooter, then at least your money back, always put what the payment was for in the messages when using PPFF.

RogerA

I had a similar situation a few years back with a Honda Z50 frame, my loss was only $150. I saw a new user pop up here years later under the same name as the e-mail name he used then, I sent him a message and haven't seen him here since. Hopefully karma catches up with these fools, I'd like to believe that's why the tree fell on his house, if it really happened. I hope you get things sorted out, if not the scooter, then at least your money back, always put what the payment was for in the messages when using PPFF.
Agreed. After many messages back and forth, I trusted the seller and sent the funds PPFF with no designation, so I have no recourse to recover the $500. It is a very HARD lesson learned, but at 70 years old, I can still learn. The fraudulent seller did did not recognize me, and even sent ME an offer to purchase the Argyle Scooter in the messages on this forum. I'm just very happy I could warn everyone here. I had only told one person about this situation, and she alerted me to the post. THANKS AGAIN to manchester1

Craigslist & PayPal got bit hard WAY hard, once PayPal twice Craigslist. "Stupid is as stupid does ma'am" Forrest Gump.
I still trust mankind as a whole yet hopefully more aware of the adage. Sounds to good to be true... proly is.
Still frustrating not to mention expensive lesson learned. Never did recoup the loss. :mad:

Roger thank you for sharing and alerting all of us greatly appreciated Sir.

Never pay F&F unless you know the person well. Add 4% to cover the fees. If the seller is still insisting F&F, BUYER NEWARE! Sorry for your troubles. Hopefully this person will give a refund or the bike ASAP!
@minibikin' Thanks for explaining. That never occurred to me before. I have asked buyers to send money to me as F&F just to keep a few bucks from going into PP's pocket. I hope it didn't label me as a shifty character.

@RogerA Sorry that you got burned.

RogerA

@minibikin' Thanks for explaining. That never occurred to me before. I have asked buyers to send money to me as F&F just to keep a few bucks from going into PP's pocket. I hope it didn't label me as a shifty character.

I have bought several things off face book and other forums with PPFF. Usually after a conversation with the seller. I've bought old car and motorcycle parts, BUCK knives, grips and stocks, lots of things. Not EVERYONE who sells by PPFF is a fraud, but it is one way to do it. If they don't give you an address and a cell number, DO NOT SEND THE MONEY. This is the first and LAST time I will be burned by it.

It's really just to protect both parties. I'd rather pay a few bucks more for something and have some reassurance. Not that things can't still go wrong... believe me they can. In this technology age and internet purchasing, unfortunately scammers are everywhere.

I have bought several things off face book and other forums with PPFF. Usually after a conversation with the seller. I've bought old car and motorcycle parts, BUCK knives, grips and stocks, lots of things. Not EVERYONE who sells by PPFF is a fraud, but it is one way to do it. If they don't give you an address and a cell number, DO NOT SEND THE MONEY. This is the first and LAST time I will be burned by it.
You are correct and I do agree. There are many good people who go way above and beyond to sell and or purchase on good faith. I just hate seeing people get ripped off. I remember that guy EZdoesit on here from Michigan I think? Selling outta the hobby and took many peoples money. Guy was agood standing member and fun to chat with and then BAM. Never saw it coming...

desert rat

I want to say there is still good people out there. I just did a cash deal through usps. He got his money I got my parts, we are both happy. He is on this board and he can chime in if he wants but I wont out him here. Lets just say I would do it again with him if the need comes up. I have done two deals on this board that I could have lost on but they both worked out. Go with your gut.

RogerA

I want to say there is still good people out there. I just did a cash deal through usps. He got his money I got my parts, we are both happy. He is on this board and he can chime in if he wants but I wont out him here. Lets just say I would do it again with him if the need comes up. I have done two deals on this board that I could have lost on but they both worked out. Go with your gut.
I agree about good people, but LOTS more scammers is the problem. Just be very careful with ALL deals over the internet.

mustangfrank

The F&F payments don't count towards the 200 transaction/$20,000 1099 trigger, I've had several years going right up to the near the limit mostly with eBay items and having to ask buyers to pay F&F on other local listings.

I wouldn't ask or pay more than a couple hundred with F&F on items to be shipped.

Hopefully something happens with this scumbag, this group does a lot of searching on all sources and can be pretty relentless.

Somebody on here (new member) gave me the email of somebody he knew that had a magazine I was looking for. (I can't find the members name). I emailed the guy and he told me 85.00. That was a pretty high price. Anyways, I sent the 85.00 and added the fee's. He said he can only except FF. He told me to cancel the payment and resend FF. Then I realized I was getting scammed. I did get my money back from pay pay and found the magazine some place else. So if you don't know the person, I would add the fee's.