A trip to the parents pays off....

jeep4me

I traveled to my parents house, in mid-Michigan, on Friday to visit. My dad says he saw a mini bike I may want to take a look at. Said he saw it at a gas station in town. So we took a ride and look what he found.

I'm pretty sure it's some kind of Cushman, possibly a Cushman Trailmaster. The front suspension and main frame are very similiar to the Trailmasters. Anyway, it has a 2-speed tranny with a shifter just below the seat. The guy couldn't get it started but said they had it running a couple of weeks ago. It's built like a tank and it about as heavy. They still have the original seat and side grated panels that go with it.

I'm sure I'll be taking another ride up north soon to pick this one up.

jeep4me

Isn't that a tote goat?
Not a Gote that's for sure. Gote's didn't use that type of frame, but the Cushman's did. I thought it was a Gote too at first, but after some research I found out that it more closely resembles a Cushman.

The biggest difference between this bike and the Cushmans I've found is the front forks and handle bar setup. But on other cushman models they used this same style of fork.

I think we are going to give you a new name Jeep4me it will have to be "Old Eagle Eye " you sure been finding some good machines. How much do they want ? Steve

jeep4me

He said he'd take $250 for it. Well worth the price. I called my dad to tell him what I found out and he said he'd go and pick it up for me on Monday.

My brothers use to call me "old eagle eye" when we went hunting together because I always seemed to get my limit on wild game before them. That's really funny that you said that.

Cool Jeep! :thumbsup: I'l buy it, the Cushmans are getting $$$ these days.

Freeking Mich and PA has tons of mini's and I don't know anyone there who would ship for me. :censure::censure::censure:

I had a cushman when I was a kid.

The red one pictured looks to be a little cheaply built, maybe its older or newer than the one I had.

Mine looked a lot like this but was grey.

You have a set of three pics posted one green on the left and a black and white in the middle, mine looked much like that.

Had a two speed with a lever that was pushed forward or backward.

and had a strange kick start mechanism (had segment gear on kicker that worked with sprocket on engine.

I found a different picture somewhere else on the net, I am kicking myself for not taking any pics of that thing years ago.

RUss