Advice on great gx200 engine builder

I have a gx200 with 2.756 wiseco piston and rod, ambush flywheel isky 310 cam, big valve gx200 head,duel white springs, gage 1.2 rollers,28mm mikuni carb. On race gas. I can not get motor to rev past 5500 rpms. I have tryed everything I know. Now its time to send it to a professional. So please let me know where it would be best for me to contact. Thanks for your input.

trinik7597

You are the second person in a very short time to have this problem and the common denominator I see so far is the ambush flywheel

Sorry .... Same engine ... Reach out to Brad Hill or Barry young
Thanks for the reply. I talked to lewis stout this morning and he says the new honda coils have rev limiters in them.so iam going to buy one of the older coils. Other people told me that they dont have rev limiters in them I dont know but it must because she wont spin past 5500.

trinik7597

I have a 2014 gx200 and it has no problem spinning 10 thousand plus .. so I am not sure what you mean by new style coil .. but if you want to mess with it some more I have a number of older genuine Honda coils laying around .. $10 shipped if you need one

I have a 2014 gx200 and it has no problem spinning 10 thousand plus .. so I am not sure what you mean by new style coil .. but if you want to mess with it some more I have a number of older genuine Honda coils laying around .. $10 shipped if you need one
Thanks trinik7597 I messed with it one more time and finally got her to spin 8600 rpm. I replaced the cam to a f-275 and she spin like a champ. I bought the 310 from brad hill maybe he got it mixed up with some other cams and its not the 310 I dont know but the 275 sure spins thats all I care.what is the best rpm cam out there with 1.2 roller rockers.looking for the max RPM not worried about torque.

trinik7597

I got a 310 from Brad too .. isn't cams are clearly marked ... And you would have to clearance the block for the 310 or the intake lobe would hit the bottom of the cyl

I got a 310 from Brad too .. isn't cams are clearly marked ... And you would have to clearance the block for the 310 or the intake lobe would hit the bottom of the cyl
I had the block bored and clearanced before I bought the cam at dyno cams timmy did a good job on head and block. But my 310 doesn't have nothing but long numbers, no isky on it our 310.

trinik7597

In a kart ?? Spinning the highest rpms doesn't mean you will be making power in the band you want . Or that your engine will reach them with load on it . That f275 grind may be all you need . The 310 would pull hard all the way into the higher register .. the only 330 is a monster but you need to consider what duration and lsa works for you

In a kart ?? Spinning the highest rpms doesn't mean you will be making power in the band you want . Or that your engine will reach them with load on it . That f275 grind may be all you need . The 310 would pull hard all the way into the higher register .. the only 330 is a monster but you need to consider what duration and lsa works for you
Ok thanks alot for your help you guys really help people like me that are trying to figure this stuff out it greatly appreciated