Aftermarket wheel for CAT

Hi,

I picked up what appears to be a CAT 350SS frame. The original front wheel was rusted out, and the back wheel was not stock. Does anyone know what size Tri-Star alum. wheels and tires will fit front/rear (either 3",3 1/2", 4" and 410/350/6 or 530/450/6?) I have a 4" Tri-Star wheel already but it looks like the fit will be close because I want to use the disk brake. Will a 3 1/2" wheel and 410 tire fit the front? Will a 4" wheel and 530 tire fit the rear? Thx

Last edited:

45t

A 350ss would have had 4.10x3.50x6 knobby front and rear originally. Larger CAT bikes run 4.10x3.50x6 in front and 4.00-6 (13" tall) in rear, both knobby. 5.30x4.50x6 may not work on CATs with scrub brakes. Hope this was what you were looking for.

The 350SS model used a rounded profile "universal tread" design, 12.5" in diameter for a 6" wheel, made by Carlisle.

You can purchase similar tires here:
OldMiniBikes.com - Replacement Mini Bike, Go-Kart & Small Engine Parts

Note: OMBW has an image of a "universal tread" listed as a "knobby", and is incorrect. I really don't know if the image is wrong or the title is wrong... Either way, you will want to go with the "universal tread" if wanting to look correct.
Also, you can post a "wanted ad" within the forum for actual CAT wheels. That way you know you won't be second guessing anything.

Good luck and join up:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/groups/cat+(hpe+muskin)+owners+group.html

cd

45t

Thanks Casey. I was hoping you would post, since you helped me with the tire sizes when I was looking. I purchased a set of the "universal tread" listed as a "knobby" OldMiniBikes Warehouse tires and they are pretty close to what I needed and they look nice.