All-Stort RTS front wheel

Will someone PLEASE tell me the secret on how to get the front wheel off.I have removed the two front bolts and tryed to get the axel to come out but no luck. HELP:thumbsup:

When we took my sons apart, we took the neck bolt out,and put the whole front wheel assembly in the vise and beat it out using a 1/2" deep socket as a punch. It was mushroomed over on one side, so it only came out one way. We did'nt need heat, once the axle finally started moving, it came out slow and we had to add an 12" extension to socket to punch the axle all the way through.
Good Luck!
Scott

Well I did the bolt thing and beat it so much it F----- up the threads. The axel moved a C hair . Standing at the front looking back at the engine I am beating the left side of the axel trying to get it to come out the right side.:cursing:

wjustice

Support the opposite side so that it doesnt flex out as you hit. A press would be good too. Nothing really holds them in. Its just fork/spacer/bearing/wheel/bearing/spacer/fork. Probably corrosion inside the aluminum spacers.

Bear

Hose it down with PB and wait about 10 to 15 mins. Then support the opposite side that you are going to hit so you don't blow out the front fork and then use a BFH and if all else fails use heat. best of luck

Hose it down with PB and wait about 10 to 15 mins. Then support the opposite side that you are going to hit so you don't blow out the front fork and then use a BFH and if all else fails use heat. best of luck
Thats just what I did .:thumbsup: