Alsport Promark info

A few months ago I posted some pictures of a cobra decal to see what it was from. Nobody seemed to know. The decal was stuck on a few things from the dealer clean out I went to. I had also asked about the Red Barron stencil that was on my Promark trike seat, (Baja cub) and I did see the decal on the back of one other Alsport MTS 30 headrest. Thanks to some research from John, (dumptruckboy) the mystery has been solved. In 1978 Promark had all these stencils/decals to "customize your own trike". Learn something new every day.

That's interesting Karen. Good slueth work on the research John.

Aside from the snake decal on yours, I'd not seen that on a mini bike. That bottom graphic, of the mustache man though, I've seen that somewhere..?

That's interesting Karen. Good slueth work on the research John.

Aside from the snake decal on yours, I'd not seen that on a mini bike. That bottom graphic, of the mustache man though, I've seen that somewhere..?
That's the Red Barron. lol That was on my seat cover from the trike I bought. Mint condition after I cleaned it for hours. lol

Last edited:
I wonder when it was that Alsport sold out to Promark ? I was a dealer until mid 1974 and never heard that they closed down the factory. But being way out west we as dealers didn't get much news. But it was fun to be a dealer until the gas crunch hit us hard.

wjustice

I wonder when it was that Alsport sold out to Promark ? I was a dealer until mid 1974 and never heard that they closed down the factory. But being way out west we as dealers didn't get much news. But it was fun to be a dealer until the gas crunch hit us hard.
That is very cool info. Especially since I kinda thought Promark faded away after the 75-76 models. I didn't know they were still in business in 78.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oops that should have just been a reply to the topic not just to you Steve. Stupid phone and Tapatalk.

Last edited:
I do remember that association with the Boa-Ski but there was not a market for them in Southern California, but they saw a better market with the trikes and later they came to us with the Steen's. I liked the Steen's with their leading Link frontend, We had on as a shop demo and that Ace 100 Hodaka engine was a fun ride. Thanks for the base facts about the founder, I wonder where they are today ?

I did find that Bob Warner got a award from the Powder coaters of America a few years back. I thought I printed it out but can't find the papers.