Am building my Buddy a bike from scratch, with a MM 80 -105 frame,, & Tillotson 196R engine, ect.

I74

3/1/20 & 61*f here in in east central Iowa, this Sunday afternoon !!
Am definitely going for a cruise on the GX 200. :cool:
Got Fred's tuned pipe all buttoned up on his Mallosi big bore kit Yamahopper.
Have to change the pilot jet on the Mik. on that to 0.20 first though,, so we can ride together the first part of the week,, until I can get his other bike done.
I

I74

Made a lot of progress the last couple of days on ''Fred's sled'' .
Cutch /chain cover I sanded the paint off to metal & polished it all out.
Hope to have it ready for the maiden by this time next week. ;)
I
100_6076.JPG 100_6081.JPG 100_6083.JPG 100_6084.JPG 100_6085.JPG

I74

Milled the flange face on the header this eve.
Made 2 transition angles tapering down to the front & lower side of it, so the pipe when tightened up, would kick up & to the left some for clearance of the fender & seat,, & for alignment out the back.
Also cut down the fender side mounting tabs on the frame, so I can slam the fender as much as possible.
Also will be chopping a couple of inches ''or so'' off the back of the fender & pipe, so they won't stick out past the grab handle .;)
I
100_6091.JPG 100_6088.JPG

I74

Looking good! What HP ratings are the 212 Tillotsons?
Thanks.:)

From what I have read so far,, the stock hp. on the 212R is 10 -12.
When I pulled the side cover off,, the cam gear was scribed by hand, so I' am guessing this is a special cam.
It is supposed to have a racing head, & a modded cam ect.,, stock.

What ever the stock performance actually is,, with us installing the Billet flywheel, 3 stage pipe,, & velocity stack ect. ,,, am thinking that those goodies ought give it a couple of more. ;)

Regardless,, I think it will probably leave my stage 1 - GX 200 in the dust.

I

I74

Added,,
Plan on leaving the governor in it, as the gearing is 4.86 - 1,, & the tires are 14.25+ O.D.
Mine on the GPS does 38.2 mph ''so far'',, & my gearing is 5 -1 , with the same back tire, & governor in it.
Fred's ought to hit 40 ''no problem'', with the governor still in.

Far as I' am concerned,, my bike is ''quick as Hell'' for a block or so,, & 38 - 40 mph on these little suckers is ''plenty'' fast.

Thinking Fred's is going to kick that up a notch or so,, plus his bike is going to be around 5 lbs. lighter than mine, plus he weighs around 40lbs. less than me.

I74

Got the engine mount holes drilled today & engine bolted up.
Also got the header cut & set,, & then fired it up.
Started petty quick, & ran it for around 10 min. on the stand.
You can tell right off that it's got a cam in it ect..
Definitely more than my GX 200.
Think it's going to be Quite the plentiful street Beastie for sure. ;)
I

I74

Made up the fork brace, fender bracket,, & exhaust bracket, & got them all installed & set.
Also got the fender slammed & chopped.
Think they turned out better than the ones on my bike. LOL
Fred's coming over in the morning, & we are going to see how far we can get with the rest of it ...….
I
100_6115.JPG 100_6114.JPG 100_6109.JPG

I74

Hitting the home stretch now on Fred's sled. :p
All that's left is to take apart the clutch, knock the sharp edges of the shoes,, & install the green spring.
Also can't forget the kick stand. ''LOL'' .:D
Fred's coming over this afternoon, & I will show him how to do the clutch.
Hope to try it out today after that. ;)
I
100_6116.JPG 100_6119.JPG

I74

Took it for a test spin around the block yesterday afternoon when it was 50*f.
It ran & rode superb !
Later on, me & Fred took an awesome ride together, with me on my GX 200,, & him on his.
Then it snowed today...:rolleyes:

Took my first ride. It handles great with the street tires. Brakes took awhile to seat but work well now. The throttle is very smooth though out. Exhaust sounds amazing!
It was pretty cold out. Need some warmer weather
Thanks to I74 for building it for me

I74

Shitty Pic. with all the bikes together.
Hope to go for a cruise tomorrow aft. , as it is supposed to be really nice out. :)

I
We all know a guy named slim right
Put the Tillotson PK - 1B Carb on Fred's bike the other day, & it was slobbering rich @ idle.

The pilot jet on the PK-1B is a 45, & the stock pilot jet is a 38 off the stock carb..

Switched out the 45 pilot jet to the stock 38, & it idles superb now, & low end response is excellent. ;)

Transition with the extra emulsion tube holes on the PK-1B, also got rid of the flat spot on low/mid. acceleration.

I

Last edited:

I74

Me & Fred are planning a cruise this next week ''hopefully'',, as long as the weather is decent.

It is finally spring here in east central Iowa, but think we have a lot of rain this next week in the forecast, & am predicting ''a lot'' of severe weather this season...
My Thesis prediction is figuring due to the air quality in our country improving , because the decline in pollution,, due to less vehicles on the roads ect.
They say the skyline in LA ect. , is the clearest it has been decades.....

Think ''Mother Nature'' is finally getting some ''well deserved'' temporary bed rest.;):)

I

Last edited: