am i crazy?

i'm thinking about trying to trade my Cat Eliminator frame (with stock rear wheel) for a DB roller. i've decided i really don't like this frame for what i want to do and the DB would work better.

i sort of flaked on one guy from CL that would do one for $100 a bit over a week ago. i emailed him back tonight to see if it's still available. if it's sold or he won't do it i'm posting a CL ad to see if i can get someone to trade.

:eek:ut:

btw, i'd be keeping my clone and it would get swapped into the DB. i'd also keep my rear wheel setup since i'm around $200 into that. it would probably work on my friend's Azusa frame and he needs a tire so i'd let him use it if he wants. i think his rear drum will work with the wheel i'm running.

Last edited:

Motra

I'd sell you my DB roller for $100.00 but I'd have to ship it to you. And no you wouldn't be crazy to buy mine, it'd be a real smart move on your part.

Last edited:
my reason for doing this is i want to make something quick. the rake sucks and i hate the "suspension" on it. having the big rear tire doesn't help with the handling either. basically, it doesn't handle for shit and is scary with the power my motor is putting out now (which isn't that much). when it had the 4hp Tec flathead in it, it was fine and lots of fun. now it's lots of fun and scary.

i'm sticking a billet rod, billet flywheel and 6° key in the motor on saturday so it should be running better after that. it's time for a new frame.

the scrub brake sucks too. if i get a DB roller it will have the disc which is 10x better than my scrub brake. even if i buy one, it would probably cost me less than trying to set up a disc on the Cat frame.

Motra

The DB really is good handling and stable for such a little bike, well, at least at the speed mine goes. I'm more interested in the bigger bikes like the Tote Gote. They're way more comfortable to ride and aren't as squirlly. I had a non-minibiker friend tell me I looked like a monkey f*****g a football on the little bikes.

i'm 6'5"/275lbs so anytime i ride a mini it looks like a monkey hahahahaing a football.

the DB from before is a no go. emails got messed up.

i'm posting my frame up for trade on CL tomorrow if i have time. i'm hoping work won't be too busy.