Am I out of line?

rmm727

I bought a Comet torque converter from a member on another forum. It was one of those Yerfdog versions that uses the jackshaft mount that gets sandwiched between the engine and the chassis. I has a 7" driven. The previous owner said the unit had surface rust and suggested that it should be cleaned before use. I ended up paying $65 shipped for it which in the grand scheme of things isn't all that bad. That jackshaft mount (one of the reasons I wanted it) is about $40 from BMI and the Comet 7" driven isn't all that available for cheap. Once I get the thing, I notice a couple of things. The driven spring looks like it was unwound a complete turn. The rivets on the driven clutch are loose. The sprocket teeth are to the point that I would consider it worn out. I emailed the guy and he says he is going to work and would get back to me. I emailed him about a month later as I never received a response from him. His reply is basically that he didn't forget about me and that he didn't think the problems are that big of a deal. I didn't have a problem with cleaning it before installing it but I didn't want to spend $7 on a spring, $7 on cam buttons (those didn't look so great either), $12 for a sprocket, plus shipping, plus whatever I need to do with the loose rivets; whether that be crushing them some more or finding replacements.

Am I out of line here for maybe suggesting that he make this right or should I just cut my loses?

I would not be too happy either in your position ,did he say it was in great shape by chance ? just make an offer, it's a nice tc! e? This was a repley from him the seller on other forum , I would not be happy with this at all

Last edited:

gbabins1

The spring most likely unwound from the cam buttons being worn. If he doesn't disclose all of the flaws. ..I would expect him to make it right. $$$

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk