American Flyer 215/hemi build

I've just ordered a new AMF215 from gokartsusa. No one seems to know anything about them so I decided to do a build thread for you all to follow along. I ordered the roller kit with powder coated frame (patriot red chrome). The engine will be a predator hemi. I will include the engine build here as well. The engine will be a fairly mild build nothing crazy. Parts for engine are .020 long rod and billet flywheel. Cam is an isky black mamba sr., stainless valve kit from OldMiniBikes, cm pushrods, mikuni vm22-133. Should be a good mid range engine.I am using a tav2 clone from Ebay for the transmission. I'll try to post plenty of pics. along the way. Any questions critiques or comments please feel free to opine. Always interested in others point of view. Bill

Since the engine is here I went ahead and started disassembly. Anyone notice my first screw up? The piston is .027 in the hole so the long rod and .027 gasket should work fine. GEDC0067.JPG GEDC0066.JPG GEDC0069.JPG GEDC0071.JPG

I saw one of these on craigslist today. New American Flyers. Come to find out they have a warehouse and showroom ~ 2 miles from my house! I guess I don't get out much. They look pretty stout, a lot like the old bonanza's. Here is a complete one on the showroom floor:

I've finally got it together and went for a ride today. I was going to take photos of the assembly but once I grabbed a wrench I forgot all about the camera. It handles well and with the 8 inch wheels it feels stable at higher speeds. I ended up putting a stock predator hemi and the cheap torque converter off ebay. The top speed is around 35-40. I'll get some pics up tomorrow

Nice I want to build one for high speed maybe a drag bike. I'm surprised I don't see more people build this bike. You use the aluminum LBA rims?