Another governor thread! TECUMSEH this time!

I've looked through most of the threads but didn't see anything on Tecumseh governor adjustments.
I would like to be able to adjust both ways, it would be nice to back it off when the kids jump on it. I don't mind removing it, I could always install a throttle stop.
Anyone played with one of these? Mine is a 5hp OHV Tecumseh, Power Sport engines.
Anyone??

MikeBear

I've looked through most of the threads but didn't see anything on Tecumseh governor adjustments.
I would like to be able to adjust both ways, it would be nice to back it off when the kids jump on it. I don't mind removing it, I could always install a throttle stop.
Anyone played with one of these? Mine is a 5hp OHV Tecumseh, Power Sport engines.
Anyone??
I would NOT monkey around with the governor on any version HP Tecumseh OHV Powersport! Those engines work pretty good when set just right, but if you mess with the governor, you will blow it up a lot sooner than a 6.5 clone. They are quite touchy engines, and have some plastic parts inside. They just can't handle that sort of thing very safely.

MikeBear

Ya, I can totally agree it does run awesome as is, but my goal wasnt just speed, I would also like to slow it down too.
Then a throttle stop screw as you said above would probably be most appropriate.

Let me add this: If you have some fairly young children ride, make SURE you have a very good KILL switch! Train your kids into using it, if they think they are having any sort of run away issues.

I think thats what I will do, (throttle stop) My youngest gets on it (he's 11) and the back tire tears loose!
He is a well trained rider, plus I wont let him ride without supervision.
It just makes you think when you see a doddlebug throwing a 6 foot long rooster tail!

TomH

If you have a cable stop on your throttle cable, you might try loosening that and pulling a little slack in the cable so it won't open up all the way.