Another Great Story!

Was checking CL on Tues--Canadian and US cities. Saw an ad in Hamilton Ontario for a Ruttman Mini.Saw it was located in Buffalo New York. Phoned the guy and he said he had no calls since it was put on July7--no wonder--who buys minis in Hamilton.Said he had it for about 5 years but hardly used it. He bought it from the original owner.We went back and forth and settled on a price less than $170. I drove down on Thurs and by this time CL had realized that the ad should have been under Buffalo not Hamilton. I saw the bike and near dropped. It is an early Ruttman--solid foot bar, serial# 9576 with a mint Briggs 5HP, early aluminum wheels and Carlisle Double Indian 5in tires.He starts it up second pull and I ride it down the road. The seat is original with no rips. I get it home and spent today cleaning it, steel wooling the fenders to remove surface rust and riding it. The engine is 1969 and it is original so I presume the bike is "69 but I am hoping Cheesy or Mean Dean will comment. Going to leave it as it is with paint patina and enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
?

The bike screams survivor! Nice find. I wouldn't change or do a thing. It's perfect. If your not a huge Ruttman buff, MeanDean is the man to ask if you have questions. I have learned a lot from many of his threads.
Love the gold paint. I don't believe I ever saw a Ruttman in gold. The paint looks original.

Mean Dean

That's a good one. It is like a late year transition bike. It has some 68' parts on it still and is a Briggs engine bike. It has Carlisle
5" Universal instead of studded. looks more of a 68' than a nine. Especially with a 9500 serial number. It has the early style Chain guard. It is an odd ball but cool. Nice score.

Thanks Dean--just the man I wanted to hear from--I appreciate your input. I have now completed cleaning her up and plan to leave it as a survivor and ride!

thats awsome ., glad it went to good home ..
i have a question for you sir ..
with a name like boat guy ..i was wondering if you had any or no where any aqua karts are ..

theres many different Co. that made them in the mid 1960,s there basicly an 8 foot hydro with go kart motors .. west bends mccullochs etc .. all most everyone is inboard with v drive ..?? had long shaft from motor to prop ..

thanks super nice mini bike find and sorry my questions no really about mini bikes .. but i have few mini bikes id trade for aqua kart .. !!!

Mean Dean

thats awsome ., glad it went to good home ..
i have a question for you sir ..
with a name like boat guy ..i was wondering if you had any or no where any aqua karts are ..

theres many different Co. that made them in the mid 1960,s there basicly an 8 foot hydro with go kart motors .. west bends mccullochs etc .. all most everyone is inboard with v drive ..?? had long shaft from motor to prop ..

thanks super nice mini bike find and sorry my questions no really about mini bikes .. but i have few mini bikes id trade for aqua kart .. !!!
Not to Hijack Boatguys thread.I don't know what an aqua kart looks like but here is a rare one.

Last edited: