Another Ugly Duckling HS40

Up for sale is an engine that I have absolutely no history on. I can't tell if it's been painted or not since there is a big section of the shroud that the paint has rubbed off of.
There are items missing as you can see in the pictures. Someone welded the little cable stop onto the throttle control, which will still serve it's purpose. No carb or exhaust but mounting bolts/hardware are there for both.
3/4" tapped shaft.
The engine does have spark. Missing some head bolts and a spark plug. I didn't rob parts off this engine, this is the way I got it.

Governor arm is intact.

$100 shipped.

zeeman

What hole is the spring that goes on the gov. arm in? Nice engine. I'm working on one right now. Good luck with your sale.

oh was he? i'll hit him up on the FB real quick.
:doah: I just went to look at his old posts to see if that's the motor he wanted.... what the hell happened here?.:eek:hmy:

...never mind I don't really want to know .

cripes MrBungle I leave you in charge for a couple days and the place goes to hell-in-a-handbasket :facepalm:

Last edited:
thanks CD...especially now that i have established that it is alive.
btw, the carb will come with it. it's the correct carb for the engine (OEM Tec/Lawson carb).

I can also throw in the very awesome exhaust that it came with (that I was too embarassed to sell with the engine in the first place):anon.sml: I'll get a picture of it this evening and post it :biggrin:

this would be a good engine to go with a remote tank set up. Just need to freshen the paint on the shroud. Hurry up or I might keep it.:devil2:

actually Nate welded this one up for me. He does good work.....................................................................................

.......and........

zeeman

Man, I could use an original carb to fit my HS40. If the new owner of the engine does not want the carb and that cool muffler, let me know.................... about the carb.