Another WTH is this?

The wheels look like Manco but I have never seen a scrub brake arm extended past the front foot peg. Not a very big mini bike with the handlebar's set back and the seat right over the engine. Steve :scooter:

Thanks for the info. I may pick this up today. Hopefully it fits in the back seat of the rental car I'm driving home. :hack:

Looks like a nother verasion of the manco streaker, It looks like my frame but with the scrub on the opposite side. Scrub looks like a Cat Style Crub, not Manco Style.

When I got it, it had the small fenders like yours.

Here is after I redid it, with a good shot of the scrub.

Andy what are you doing down here?
I was there picking up some amps and guitars I had left in the studio last year. Oh yeah, I took the wife on a big shopping spree as well. :doah:

You live in the Dallas area?

I picked up this Manco or whatever it is. The sucker is really small! The 3hp Tec is real clean and we had it running on starter fluid (carb is gummed up as usual).

Looks like a nother verasion of the manco streaker, It looks like my frame but with the scrub on the opposite side. Scrub looks like a Cat Style Crub, not Manco Style.

Here is after I redid it, with a good shot of the scrub.
It's definitely the same bike with a different brake. How did you bend the handlebar forward? That's a good idea.

I like the folding pegs. How was that done?

You don't have the built in "number plate" (integral with the triple trees) either.

It looks real nice.

One question; I have a space beteen the triple trees and the steering tube. It's about 3/8" or so. Was there a nylon or brass washer or something like that to take up the space?

Last edited:
Andy,

The gap is a common occurance in these types of mini bikes, do to them not using any bearings in the neck. Also as they get ridden a lot, they tend to ware at the bottom of the neck causing a gap. If it is not to bad, you can just tighten down the bolt that go's through it. But If there is a bug gap, see if you can find a good brass washer to fill it.

As far as the pegs go, I think it was way to dangerous to ride with sold pegs. So I had them cut off flush and welded in nuts so I could install a pair of aftermarket pegs that flip up. So if I lean into a corner, I don't pogo in the air.

We just rolled the handle bars forward real slow so that they did not crease, it did not take much to get them there. It was well worth it, for the comfort of riding.

Andy,

The gap is a common occurance in these types of mini bikes, do to them not using any bearings in the neck. Also as they get ridden a lot, they tend to ware at the bottom of the neck causing a gap. If it is not to bad, you can just tighten down the bolt that go's through it. But If there is a bug gap, see if you can find a good brass washer to fill it.

As far as the pegs go, I think it was way to dangerous to ride with sold pegs. So I had them cut off flush and welded in nuts so I could install a pair of aftermarket pegs that flip up. So if I lean into a corner, I don't pogo in the air.

We just rolled the handle bars forward real slow so that they did not crease, it did not take much to get them there. It was well worth it, for the comfort of riding.
Thanks for the info. Did you use a pipe bender to roll the bars forward or did you get the neighbors chimp to do it?