Anyone ever experiment with 'real' suspension forks?

I've been thinking about various suspension possibilities from using small motorcycle forks, mountain bike suspension forks, or maybe even scooter or pocket bike forks.

What has been tried in the past & how well did it work out?

I'm thinking 4" or so, of hydraulically dampened suspension travel in the front would be sweet!

Try doing a search for the CT70 or Z50 or CR50 (Honda trail and pit bikes). There are a number of companies that supply new parts for the multitude of Chinese clones of that bike out there. Or you can look on eBay.

Trail Buddy, Honda CT70, Trail 70 bikes & CT70 parts

Yes... I am aware of the possibilities. The post is a request for information on what has been tried in the past & the results.

Thanks for the link, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

There are thousands of forks to choose from. That is not the point. What is light enough, yet strong enough to suit our needs? That's what I'm looking for. Even some XR75 forks that seem like they would work well, start to get huge & very heavy by the time you drag them over to a common mini to compare.

Why? spring forks like on a Bonanza are smiple and reliable and look "right" on a mini.

I've had a few motorcycles that had the seals go bad on the forks and it's a PITA. :doah:

I gave BMI one more shot & called them again. This time someone answered the phone & was as helpful as she could be. Those black Suzi forks are supposed to weigh 12lbs. & do have hydraulic dampening. They were not able to tell me how much suspension travel the forks provide, but that's OK for now.

GTO,

Why you ask? Because it's something that I want to do. It seems like a natural progression & I believe it would provide a more enjoyable riding experience for my old bones.

Mikes Bikes,

That is an awesome li'l bike! :thumbsup:

Could you please provide a description of the details on the bike & suspension?

Thank you
~JM~