Anyone extended their wheelbase?

Hey everyone,

Well I'm in the process of installing a 6.5 clone, a jackshaft kit and suspension seat to my DB30. Since I'm doing the welding I figured it wouldnt be much more work to extend the wheel base. I was thinking of adding new drop outs to the outside of the frame to pick up about 4 more inches of wheel base so it wouldnt flip over as easy with the extra torque.

Anyone do this before? and how does it affect handling?

Jordon

125ccCrazy

I am working on a frame now that is stretched 3" plus I chopped off the rear half and flipped it over...I'm also mounting the brackets for the wheel behind the frame with slotted holes so I can tighten the chain from the wheel to the jackshaft without having to have a chain tensioner...

Hey everyone,

Well I'm in the process of installing a 6.5 clone, a jackshaft kit and suspension seat to my DB30. Since I'm doing the welding I figured it wouldnt be much more work to extend the wheel base. I was thinking of adding new drop outs to the outside of the frame to pick up about 4 more inches of wheel base so it wouldnt flip over as easy with the extra torque.

Anyone do this before? and how does it affect handling?

Jordon
All other things aside,I would think it would help you stretch out a bit more which seems like a good thing.You know less crammed toward the handlebars.

fonz

I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I did notice the rear end of your DB frame looks nothing like mine. I see why you flipped the frame over, but on mine the axle already extends out farther. Am I missing something here?

rudedog

YUP, that's where it still sits. The bro won't go near it since he hurt himself during the test ride. He says he either wants to convert it back to 2 wheels or 4 wheels or reverse trike it. LOL, lots of work whenever he finally makes his mind up.

Ratbike

Cool. I have trike with a differential so it will steer. Yours looked awesome! I was excited when I saw all the fabrication involved.

Yeah, I was excited that we might actually finish it, but who knows, I might just do little bits at a time, he works sooooo much, he hardly has time for it anyway.