Anyone Fab Their Own Fenders?

I'm looking for advice on the various techniques, materials & equipment used to fabricate fenders.

Something like an Arlen Ness type full fender on down to the more simple 'Bobber' type fenders.
:hack::weld::grind::doah:

Thanks
~JM~

i have seen them made several ways.
english wheel (my fav)
bending on the good ol knee
using a hammer to shape
The posibilitys are pretty endless. you just have to know what shape you want and be able to cut the sheet metal. once you have a basic peice of flat metal to work with, use anything and everything you have to get it to a desired shape.

125ccCrazy

You can take two or three stock "minibike" fenders, weld them end to end so you have one long fender, then cut some 18 gauge sheet metal to the desired design and weld those pieces to both sides of the fender, this will give the fender sides...From there you can can tack small metal tube around the edges and mold them in for more of a bobber look... This isn't as nice as one that is totally hand formed on an English wheel and such but it can be done for a distinct look and at a reasonable cost..

Did you guys know they now sell engish wheels at harbor freight? and they also sell the air plannishing hammers to pound out fenders. I think i am gonna get one this summer! looks like they ahve 2 modles to choose from one is smaller but perfect for minibike fenders!
Check this out! cheap too! Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
this is the enginsh wheel i would like to have but will probably get the first thing! Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices