anyone have larger rims on there doodlebug

Nice idea using those pocket bike rims..I have given it some thought before..using a rear Coleman 8" rim same..the stock sprocket is 50 tooth 420 chain so may want to change unless you want 5 to 1 ratio using 10 tooth clutch..you can get 16" or 18" tires for those 8" rims..which true tire diameter is usually a little smaller..that cross member behind motor may have to be bent or removed to clear..motor is close too..kinda gave up on idea weighing needed mods

Modification is not a problem. i have a newer style doodle and my brother bought an older one we both installed predator 212 engines. These will be strictly off road use no street time. I figure if i move the rear axle mounts under the frame and behind the frame ill get another couple inches of clearance. The newer doodlebug also has a couple inches of frame left under the front forks where its mounted now i figure i can just weld the new mount to the bottom and get more clearance also. ill keep an eye out for junk bikes to rob the wheels off of and see if i can make this happen.