Anyone Heard of a Bulldog Trike?

Sorry to not have pictures, but a fellow in Omaha is selling this and it was too dark and rainy for pics when I looked at it. Neither of us can find ANYTHING about it anywhere.
It is a large trike, with full size ATV knobbies front and rear. The frame is heavy tube, looks like 2-3 inch pipe running from the forks to the rear section. There is a triangular three bolt joint right under the seat. The foot rests are smaller diameter pipe loops, no floorboards. It has an on off toggle switch on the drivers side of the triple tree, separate right and left handlebar levers to activate independent rear band brakes, and a minibike twist grip throttle. It is unsprung front and rear, relying on the large flotation tires for suspension. Engine is a pull start 8hp Briggs with a lighting coil to drive a headlight and a small flat rectangular tailight mounted above the engine in the "body".
The body is a minimal, heavy one piece fiberglass fender/seat deal, with no support for the fenders so I am surprised they are still there since they are so "floppy". Original body color is standard baby blue, and has a molded hole in top center behind the drivers head for gas, although the tank is about 8 inches below the hole. Seat is a basic flat rectangular two piece unit that is rather large, although not two person.
The only chrome on it is the entire headlight bucket, the rectangular bezel for the tailight, and the minibike throttle housing. Everything else is painted black. The bulldog decal is on the flat front fork "number plate" support for the triple trees, and replicated on the clutch cover. It is a bulldog "running" with the suggestion of wheels where his feet are, and only the word "Bulldog". The only other sticker is a warning sticker on the frame downtube behind the triple tree. There is absolutely NO manufacturers mark anywhere. Any ideas, anyone?
I have posted this on other vintage minibike sites, and the best lead I have gotten so far is that this may be a product of the defunct Central States Tool & Die Company in Omaha. It has many similarities to the Montgomery Wards T555 except it has a fiberglass body and a front wheel the same size as the rear ATV flotation knobbies.
Thanks!
Bill

In the article that is on Three wheeler World about the T-555 there was mention of a future fiberglass body. But I have never seen one yet, so I will assure you that pictures when available would be just grand.
Steve :scooter:

Ran across this thread thought Id bring it back up since someone now has a pic of one and perhaps we can actually start to learn something about this type of trike??

paxson

I have a bulldog trike that I just bought the other day. It has a plate on the front forks that has a bulldog like was desribed above with a serial # , and says Bulldog Mfg. Springfield Mo. The trike has 22x12-8 tires all around, a headlight, an ignition key switch, a brake lever for both sides with a twist type throttle. It has an electric start 8hp tecumseh w/trashed comet clutch which appears to be a series 20. Someone has manufactured a bench seat onto it as wide as the width of the rear end. I've gotten the motor running but still working on clutch etc. I will get some pics loaded up later, I still have dial-up where I live. Mine does not have any type of fiberglass body on it though, and I can't see that it ever did. I had a similer ride back in the early 80's, but it had a 5 hp briggs and smaller foot loops on frame and a little smaller front tire. My dad used to call it a Scat Cat, but I can't find any info on that either. I'm not positive but I think it was made by AMF, I was only about 8 so not sure.

Last edited:
Yes I have seen a few over the years , I thought I had a BullDog but my trike turns out to be a BruteCycle two seater , nice riding trike and has good power for a chain clutch . I cannot wait to work it over this winter in the shop .