anyone help me find a crate motor for my atv?

i got a yamaha timberwolf and i just want to replace the engine and transmission , its already been rebuilt a few times and it falls apart faster each time. id hate to toss it got a lot of years outta it with very little trouble. id appreciate any and all help=)

rmm727

I had a Bear Tracker that I sunk in a creek. Drained all the water out of the block, exhaust, and fuel tank and it ran for years afterwards.

toomanytoys

Get someone to rebuild it that knows what they are doing. I've rebuilt a lot of atv and bike engines since I was a teenager and had no issues with a rebuilt engine.

What are you doing when you rebuild it? Pulling the top end of and throwing in a new piston and rings? Or are you honing or boring it using quality components?

I wouldn't suggest a canned ham to anyone but that's me. There are many better bikes out there for less money. Not many people actually use or need all the hp that the big can ams produce. I followed a buddy of mine has a 2 month old XMR. I was on a honda rancher 420 4x4. He blew me away on the open areas. But in the woods and trails I was tight on him and followed him every where. He just threw bigger rooster tails than me.

If your timber wolf fits your needs go buy a honda. Buy a new rancher 420 for 4500 bucks instead of a 10000 dollar canned ham.