Anyone perfected a way to get…

Put the eye part in a vise. Wrap the tube with a strip of emery cloth or very fine sandpaper. Then use a pipe wrench on the emery cloth to turn the tube. It has worked for me many times. There’s also a YouTube video that explains it in full detail.

Sebacs apart without crushing the tubes???

please share!
Skipp I just took mine apart and didn’t need to put anything on the tube. The bottom eye screws out and with a 3/8 extension and a skinny 7/16 socket I took the nut off the rod and it came right apart. I hope this helps and applies to your shocks 6AC166FF-BABE-4945-9563-F1B8BF2CED1E.jpeg

I appreciate that, and yes I’ve had some that just screw off…those are nice…but, as a norm they don’t….the last set I attempted to disassemble (that were stuck as these are) I used the sand paper method, as well as others, and they are still laying in my neighbors back yard….beat to fucking shit with the biggest hammer I could find….just going to put these 4 on the shelf and hope for the best….thanks….

I appreciate that, and yes I’ve had some that just screw off…those are nice…but, as a norm they don’t….the last set I attempted to disassemble (that were stuck as these are) I used the sand paper method, as well as others, and they are still laying in my neighbors back yard….beat to fucking shit with the biggest hammer I could find….just going to put these 4 on the shelf and hope for the best….thanks….
I haven’t experienced those yet but if I do I’ll try that method. I was surprised when I discovered that this type comes apart like this. Good luck in your search.

markus

Hold the shock in your hand about mid point. with the flat part of the eye against your anvil or large flat area of your vice to line it up keeping arms length. Raise arm with shock up over your head and swing down hard smacking the eye only against the anvil. Sometimes it only take one smack but I usually rotate around they eye and do this.

I learned that trick in a fit of rage with a shock that would not budge after heat, oil. And every other trick. I just got mad and started beating the shit out of the eyelet against my vice. I stuck it back in the vice ready to just reef on the body one last time and it litterally unscrewed without the strap wrench. :oops: Rubber strap wrench works good if you keep the metal clasp from making contact with the body if it still takes some force.

I tried my large one and it didn’t grip…I’ll head to Home Depot and get a small
One and try that….
Skipp after you get the small strap wrench would you also put sandpaper or crocus cloth under the strap to improve grip and your chances of success? Just wondering

That sounds like another good option for disassembly of that style sebacs. It was pretty silly of me to think I could teach the guru’s on this site anything but I was just trying to give back a bit.
I think we all have open minds and like new and different ideas
Hold the shock in your hand about mid point. with the flat part of the eye against your anvil or large flat area of your vice to line it up keeping arms length. Raise arm with shock up over your head and swing down hard smacking the eye only against the anvil. Sometimes it only take one smack but I usually rotate around they eye and do this.

I learned that trick in a fit of rage with a shock that would not budge after heat, oil. And every other trick. I just got mad and started beating the shit out of the eyelet against my vice. I stuck it back in the vice ready to just reef on the body one last time and it litterally unscrewed without the strap wrench. :oops: Rubber strap wrench works good if you keep the metal clasp from making contact with the body if it still takes some force.

OMG Markus, I'm crying over here at your story! I can relate. Thank you for the laugh!

Last edited: