Are Speedway and Rupp forks interchangeable

Triley41395

Considering using a set of Rupp forks on a Speedway because the Speedway's are welded solid. I could take them off and just check but I buried it for the winter behind 6 other bikes, my tiller and wood chipper. I figured I'm not the first to try and switch them so I figured I would just ask. Any help is much appreciated. Screenshot_20220102-075543_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220102-075411_Gallery.jpg

cfh

10" wheel speedway using a 1971-1975 rupp 10" or 12" wheel front end? i would measure the neck tube length first and see if they are the same. If they are, then you could probably do this. I don't know how it would feel or handle, but would be great if you reported back on this.

Triley41395

10" wheel speedway using a 1971-1975 rupp 10" or 12" wheel front end? i would measure the neck tube length first and see if they are the same. If they are, then you could probably do this. I don't know how it would feel or handle, but would be great if you reported back on this.
The yellow/black Rupp front in the picture has a 12 inch wheel but I don't know if it is original. The Speedway's wheel is 10 inch. I will not get to measure it for at least 3 months because I don't want to dig it out (it's cold and I'm lazy) so I was hoping someone had already tried it. As for handling, I may not even start on the Speedway until next year. I really need to focus on getting one at a time done but keep going off track messing with multiple and getting nothing finished. But I'm still having fun...

Triley41395

If the necks are the same size, I don't see why it wouldn't work. What is the neck length on the speedway? I can measure my Rupps for you.
I've got a couple rupps, my speedway is just buried for the winter and I figured someone had already tried the switch and would have some input on the combo as to whether or not it worked for them.

GustoGuy

If you want a real upgrade get a Suzuki K10 Motorcycle fork. BMI sells them for $99 and they have 5 full inches of hydraulic suspension. I put it on my Rupp resto-mod and it absolutely blows away the stock springer Rupp fork. If your Speedway fork is toast and you are into mods you will not be disappointed. I used a FSA "pig" BMX headset and a 1 inch to 1 & 1/8 shim to fit the fork to the headset. I also used aluminum tape to shim tight the headset bearing holder to tightly fit the Rupp steering tube. Plus your stock Speedway wheel drum brake slot will work with the tab on the Suzuki K10!

Last edited:

GustoGuy

Hmm... might have a totally different application, I'll ck'm out, might fit a Coleman or one that i have in mind that was "modded" long before i got it...

Suzuki K10 on a Coleman. If you got skills in fabrication it can be done. I like fabricating parts. I modded my Tecumseh HS40 clutch cover bracket with my right angle grinder and welder to fit my Predator like a glove.

Attachments