As Memorial Day nears. . .

As Memorial Day nears I wonder how many members here have served in some branch of the Military, either U.S. or other?

For our out of country members Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.

I served for eight years with the Marines during the Gulf War era. My hat is off to what ever branch was your choice. I have worked closely with all branches either through my time in service or working in law enforcement and it boils down to the person, not what patches ot uniform you wore. (Even though we All know the MARINES rock) :thumbsup:

I was prompted to post this after reading Tankareus reply on the big spiders, never thinking of members from other countries who served for the county that they live in.
What branch did you serve and How long?
Thank you for your Service.

Last edited:

WrenchDad

Navy, four years active. Got out the same day the Persian Gulf War ended. Lost some friends in the U.S.S. Iowa Explosion. On behalf of My dad (still living ) " SEMPER FI "

buckeye

U.S.Navy Corpsman. 4 yrs active. Kush my whole enlistment. School 1 1/2 yrs rest NRMC Corpus Christi, Tx. Rough duty right there.
But, thanks to those who "really" served!

:eek:hmy: DAMN it's almost "open handed bitch slap day":happybday: Come one Service men and women... Get those hands callused up... we're whoopin on politicians.. :happybday:

Navy Musician '60 - '66. Admirals Staff - Served on five different 6th. Fleet Flattops. I was active in the (almost) Cuban War.
Thanks, Buckeye. You guys served up some great codenated cough syrup while at sea.